• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading to IDLEWILD in Burlington KY What should we not miss?

Heading down to Idlewild on DEC 26 to try it out and stay in the area for a few days and I am looking for any must dos in the area. Any good bars or restaurants. Any disc stores? Anyone with any info and could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Eric

While you're in the area, there are two other must play courses: Lincoln Ridge and Mt. Airy. Both of those are destination courses by themselves, and are absolutely worth playing if you're in Cincinnati. Disc n Dat and the pro shop at Mt. Airy both have pretty good disc selections.

^^^ what he said will basically be the unanimous suggestion.

I personally would prioritize playing them in this order:
1. Idlewild
2. Lincoln Ridge
3. Mt. Airy

Mt Airy...be sure to play when the disc golf shoppe "the Nati" is open http://thenatidiscgolf.com/ It is the best disc golf shoppe I have ever been to....huge selection I'd fly to Cinncinatti for this shoppe alone.....throw in a course onsite and its a pure perfect location!

Idlewild....go for the challenge and be prepared to learn just how good of a player you are

Lincoln Ridge.....go for the fun...simply a treat to play this course..one of the funnest I've played

Have Fun! All three are great plays with Idlewild being tighter and Mt Airy despite its name (forrrest?) being very open with Lincoln being a mix of the 2 but not as extreme.

We are making that trip in the fall of next year. Can't wait to play all three. What are the best places to eat at within proximity to those courses?

While you're in the area, there are two other must play courses: Lincoln Ridge and Mt. Airy. Both of those are destination courses by themselves, and are absolutely worth playing if you're in Cincinnati. Disc n Dat and the pro shop at Mt. Airy both have pretty good disc selections.

^^^ what he said will basically be the unanimous suggestion.

I personally would prioritize playing them in this order:
1. Idlewild
2. Lincoln Ridge
3. Mt. Airy

Mt Airy...be sure to play when the disc golf shoppe "the Nati" is open http://thenatidiscgolf.com/ It is the best disc golf shoppe I have ever been to....huge selection I'd fly to Cinncinatti for this shoppe alone.....throw in a course onsite and its a pure perfect location!

Idlewild....go for the challenge and be prepared to learn just how good of a player you are

Lincoln Ridge.....go for the fun...simply a treat to play this course..one of the funnest I've played

Have Fun! All three are great plays with Idlewild being tighter and Mt Airy despite its name (forrrest?) being very open with Lincoln being a mix of the 2 but not as extreme.
What they all said ^^^^^

...but you better make sure this (see below) isn't happening, they do close it for the winter but they also had doubles there last week.
I thought Idlewild closed every winter?

Hope I'm wrong for your sake though.
Contact Fred at the number listed for the Nati golf, he's the lead person for both the Nati and Idlewild.
http://www.thenatidiscgolf.com/about_us

As far as I know Idlewild is open. Its in a public park that's open year round. Hoping to make it up there to play it sometime soon.

If you're driving all the way down though, be sure to double check with Fred. Safe travels!

Played it yesterday and going to probably play today. The Nati was open Sunday not sure if it will be open through the holidays. Played Airey on Sunday and saw Fred's collection he is putting on Ebay! One word WOW!!!! Never seen so much CE plastic in my life!!!!

The park doesn't close, the course does. They remove the baskets when they close it down.

BTW if your coming to Idlewild you gotta come up in March or so, we are planning allot of new course improvements and fixing allot of the vandalized portions of the course. Hit me up i'm out there allot either running or playing disc golf.

They used to take the baskets in. The course pro makes that but they were trying to grow grass etc, but they aren't this year. Might change 4 and 5 but there will be no changes that I know of. We, put 3 in the close position to try and let 3's island grow back and 4 in the very long position, but Idlewild will be open all year round as far as I know.

Last edited:
Doubles were held there last Sunday at noon. I haven't heard anything about this week yet...Would you be here that early?
I would be glad to show you around Mt Airy Forest while you are here. So please hit me up if I can assist..

Thanx,
Old Bassman

Latest posts