• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading to northern Idaho for Solstice

WastedSpace

Bogey Member
Year 19 of the annual disc golf trip with the same three other guys, and headed to Idaho for (mostly) Farragut courses and Caliber. We'll get Sandpoint in too, and potentially something in Spokane on the way in or out. Usually I have lots of questions about the area, poisonous plants/ticks, etc., but most of us are PNWers and generally feel pretty good about what we're in for this year.

However, we always play at least one glow round, and I'd love to know if anyone has played glow at Farragut, and if it's something that might be frowned upon. Looks like Northstar would be the best course for glow (a little more open, and not too long), but wondering if certain courses are closer to campsites.

As a fun aside, three of us played Wreakreator 20 years ago on a road trip to a buddy's (one of the three of us) wedding. Remember it being fun, but pretty wooly. Am guessing it'll look and play quite a bit differently now!

Can anyone chime in with thoughts and/or experiences?

Also, does anyone know if the second course at Caliber (Motherlode?) will be ready to go for this season?

Thanks all!

the advice ive gotten on here is farragut is respectable but not amazing

thats from multiple users as well

oops read too fast didnt see the glow portion

call the park department to see what you can do/other ppl enjoy

I heard the Motherlode has 9 holes completed except tee pads are still dirt.
Course when finished will be ~9,800' from the Pro Tees :eek:

i haven't played glow there, but i do know they have had it some nights on tournament weekends.
i stayed in the whitetail campground & awol is right across the road (north). snowberry is more central to the courses (awol west & wreck north). northstar is furthest from any camp, so maybe that is best for glow, so you don't disturb people.
https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/parks/farragut/Farragut_main_map.pdf
https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/parks/farragut/Farragut_campsites.pdf

Year 19 of the annual disc golf trip with the same three other guys, and headed to Idaho for (mostly) Farragut courses and Caliber. We'll get Sandpoint in too, and potentially something in Spokane on the way in or out. Usually I have lots of questions about the area, poisonous plants/ticks, etc., but most of us are PNWers and generally feel pretty good about what we're in for this year.

However, we always play at least one glow round, and I'd love to know if anyone has played glow at Farragut, and if it's something that might be frowned upon. Looks like Northstar would be the best course for glow (a little more open, and not too long), but wondering if certain courses are closer to campsites.

As a fun aside, three of us played Wreakreator 20 years ago on a road trip to a buddy's (one of the three of us) wedding. Remember it being fun, but pretty wooly. Am guessing it'll look and play quite a bit differently now!

Can anyone chime in with thoughts and/or experiences?

Also, does anyone know if the second course at Caliber (Motherlode?) will be ready to go for this season?

Thanks all!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I've never played a glow round at Farragut, but judging by the glowsticks hanging on the baskets at Little Black Bear, quite a few people do. It would be the easiest of the courses to play glow being so short. Northstar would be the second best.

Wreckreator is the hardest of the four woods courses to score on, Cutthroat is so different from the first four courses it is tough to compare it to them.

There is a fairly good sized glow contingent at Baldfoot in Sandpoint. It doesn't take much to talk them into a round. Let me know if this sounds good and we can try to get a round going if you want company. Tuesday nights is singles league and Fridays are doubles if that interests you.

I have yet to stop in at Caliber this year, but from what I hear, it sounds like jmucci is correct that 9 holes are mostly playable on Motherlode.

I would add Corbin to your list if you have never played it. Fun fairly short course in Post Falls.

It's been a very cool spring so far (all time record for the latest date to hit 70 degrees in Spokane) so the mosquitos haven't been out much yet. They may be very heavy next month.

Latest posts