• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Headwind fighting disc?

People might call me crazy, but you should try a Krait. The the rim is similar IMO to a beasts(it's a thick symmetrical rim that isn't warp speed drive size). It'll act overstable for you too because it's slightly faster and less understable than the Beast

The reason I say the Krait is because it has a similar rim to the beast. Also it sounds to me like you need something with a little less turn(Krait) I prefer for headwinds to use an Eagle or Firebird, although the saint on a flat flick does pretty well...However I feel like you might like the Krait. My home course is windy and i'll be out there tomorrow If I get a good headwind I'll try out my krait and let you know how it does

Heavy C-PD or Z Predator.

Firebird is the ultimate wind fighter to me, but it's lack of glide cuts into it's distance potential.

I throw similar distances as you do at the course. Sometimes a good 300-320 eagle/teebird or 350+ wraith shot when the stars align. I think a fire bird or predator will be a meat hook for you. I find the banshee is more usable for the posted distances at least it is for me.

You already mentioned that the OLF didn't do it for you. In heavy weights, the SOLF is what I use in most cases into the wind. If I need more wind fighting ability, then it's the Predator for sure.

C pd, Firebird, Banshee. Try them.

Not throwing discraft because of a reference to the anti hero in a popular television show is ridiculous. If you didn't want to discuss your beliefs on here you really shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. "I don't really like discraft" would have worked just fine.

Latest posts