• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from South Mississippi!

ohdeeuhm

I just wanted to introduce myself briefly. I've been lurking for a few months, and really enjoy the content and information that's housed here. Once the DG addiction took hold I started looking for a forum. I'm an old school forum guy and have always found a forum "home" with each hobby I've ever been a part of. For quite a number of years I was into racing R/C (1/5, 1/8 and 1/10 scale) and after getting married and having a family, I had to back off. It can be quite an expensive hobby :D I found disc golf a few years ago but never got really interested in it. Well, a few months ago my buddy and I (we work together and live a few streets down from each other) picked up a few discs so we could go try it out with another friend of ours. My first disc was a DX Beast and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to throw the dang thing straight!! ;) :wall: Fast forward a hand full of months and here I am. I play 3 or 4 days a week and try to practice 5 or 6 days a week at the basket near my office. I work at a university and there is ONE solitary basket on campus that no one ever uses. It's tucked away in an area where no one goes very often. It's nice to go out there for lunch and putt around or make up a few 200ft holes using the same basket.

For now, I'm obsessed with mid range discs. I went through a putter phase until I landed on Wizards and stuck with them. I have a long history of collecting everything, so naturally, with DG, I try to pick up different molds every chance I get. It gives me the opportunity to try things out and see what works for me. My wife also started playing, so she has built up a nice little stack of discs thanks to me LOL.

Latest posts