• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from Wisco

pr0phetx

Another SE Wisconsin member here. I've been throwing on and off for about 5 years but this is the first year where i have been going almost every day this summer.

When I first started I threw RHFH but around 3 or 4 months ago I switched to RHBH. Mainly because I couldn't throw very far using my forehand technique but also due to the fact I was getting some wicked blisters side arming it. When I switched to backhand, I could barely get it up to 175' with high speed drivers (King). Now I can regularly get it out to 325'-350' and close to 400' every so often.

My discs have been changing back and forth a lot lately, mainly due to the fact I have lost quite a few this year (and not all of them on the course :doh:). For a long time i just used a 166 star SL and a FLX Buzzz. I mainly had a limp wristed side arm and they worked pretty well with what I was doing. Now I throw an ESP Nuke (174g), star Destroyer (175g), star Leopard (175g), and a FLX Buzzz (175g). I putt with my Buzzz because I feel just as comfortable with it as I have with any other putter. The Destroyer is relatively new but is way more understable than any other Destroyer (including blizzards) I have ever thrown. Its not flippy but it will definitely turn way more than your average Destroyer. And the Leopard is a factory second that got ran over by a car and now has almost no resistance to turn. I try to stick to only using my Buzzz to work on my form but there are a few holes where I just need to whip out the high speed drivers.

I used to play at Valley View (New Berlin, WI) almost exclusively when I was a more casual player. Now I frequent Brown Deer (Brown Deer, WI), Dretzka (Milwaukee, WI), Wales, Village Park (Sussex, WI), as well as Valley View. I've played most of the other courses in SE Wisconsin as well.

That's probably way more than enough you ever needed to know about me. Anyways, you got a cool place here and I'm glad I found it.

Welcome. You're new to the sport, I'm new to Wisconsin, we're like long lost brothers. Enjoy the addiction. I'll be playing Milwaukee area courses next weekend.

Hey whats with all the panda stuff I see around all the local courses here? I know they have that bench at Dretzka with the "Pandamonium yearly winners" or something like that and I've seen some people with the pandamonium logo on their discs. Never found out what it exactly is though.

Welcome! I just got back from a summer up there. It's a great area for DG. Dretzka and Brown Deer are an awesome 1-2 that are only a few miles apart.

Hey whats with all the panda stuff I see around all the local courses here? I know they have that bench at Dretzka with the "Pandamonium yearly winners" or something like that and I've seen some people with the pandamonium logo on their discs. Never found out what it exactly is though.

We are a Disc Golf Company based out of Milwaukee. We do apperal, discs and also custom dye discs.

The benches were donated by Pandamonium Discs, and the winners are from our annual Doubles Tournament held at Dretka Park. Hit us up on facebook to learn more.