• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello New to the DG site ! N. TX.

waterdog44

Hey - I'm brand new to the site, still kind of new to disc golf. Got introduced to it about eleven years ago. Put in some practice then for a year or so. Then got sidetracked from that for ten years. Then last summer it hit me. I'm back in. Playing in McKinney- mostly Alex Clark. Barely started in on Towne Lake. Barely started in on Bethany Lakes Allen, TX (yesterday). I played Owens Park a few times through in my earlier bout with disc golf. Lots of fun! I'm trying to get stocked up on discs. I keep throwing them into places that I can't get them back !! I was about 50 back then ( the earlier bout ) and I'm 60 now. I'd be pretty good if I'd practiced those ten years. See ya!

welcome. I'm in my 50's and see it as a great lifetime sport with fun people. good luck!

I threw Alex Clark and Town lake both today. It was my second time at both. They are very nice but fairly difficult. Alex Clark lots of short holes, but lots of trees. Town Lake has it all. Sometime try Lake Park in Lewisville, it is nice course as well. Bill Allen in The Colony is very nice, but can be very difficult. I throw Bill Allen every Tuesday now. I quit for almost 18 years and started back up 6 months ago. I throw par today at Alex Clark,(-2 first time) but Lake Park last time I threw +9 and it seemed like I had a better overall round. I'm usually about 4 or 5 over at Bill Allen or Lake Park.

There are lot's of friendly people at all those parks, when I'm by myself I have joined some other groups. You can learn alot by throwing with others.

Welcome from Upper Michigan! I am 53 and enjoy the exercise, fun & friendships that disc golf offers.

Thanks for responses guys! Hey 34blast - good to meet a fairly local thrower. Maybe we'll shoot sometime at Alex Clark or Towne Lake. You sound like you might be a little better than me. I have shot a -1 on Alex Clark last fall. I shot a par a couple of weeks ago. LOL However I also have a +17, a couple of +12s , a recent +10. For an easy course the place gives me fits!
Fun as heck trying though! I have shot the first 3 at Towne Lake and the last 3. This Wednesday I'll try and do all of Towne Lake. I'm often at Alex Clark on Wednesday late morning to mid day. Wednesday's my day off. Bethany Lakes in Allen is a nice 9 holer. Later.

Latest posts