• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Help Building My Bag

seamck333

Hello everyone! I have been playing casually on and off for a couple years, but never really got to deep. Then about 5 months ago I started playing more and more. I usually throw a VIP Bard and a Soft Wizard for practice rounds. But when playing in a group I have started huking a Star TeeBird to keep up, and I keep a Jawbreaker Zone around for utility. I have been Doing some field work with a Lucid Trespass, and am liking it more than the DX Destroyer I ended up with from a starter pack, but the Destroyer seems to be good for forehand when I must.

What do ya'll think? Am I on the right path here, or should I do some course correction?

Your start with the Wizard, Bard and Teebird is a great start. Maybe look at a more neutral or slightly understable Mid to go to with the Bard or if your arm is coming along wel keep throwing the Tresspass. The easy trap is to buy a bunch or cheap discs that are too fast for you, but if you keep throwing relatively neutral discs and get better form you will be happier.

There is a whole section dedicated to this subject, the "Bag Suggestions & Feedback" section. Repost this there, and you'll get a ton of good advice about your bag.

I am throwing the Teebird 300+ when my form is on. About 11' when I'm off!
I am throwing the Bard about 250 consistantly since I am usually teeing with it.

Nice, I will read that!

I do end up buying discs at about a 1 per week rate, but mostly mids, and different plastics, because I don't know what I'm missing and trying different disc shapes. Also collecting discs is fun for its own sake.

If you're going to be playing a lot, I'd recommend getting rid of all your high speed DX discs. That plastic wears poorly and you'll notice the flight patterns of your drivers start to change noticeably over time.

The Destroyer is a fine disc, but I'd recommend G* or star. Also note, the Destroyer is a disc for fairly big arms. Unless you can throw about 400' it'll probably be a bit too much disc for you. The Trespass is of similar speed, but flippier and somewhat better glide than a Destroyer.

Hello everyone! I have been playing casually on and off for a couple years, but never really got to deep. Then about 5 months ago I started playing more and more. I usually throw a VIP Bard and a Soft Wizard for practice rounds. But when playing in a group I have started huking a Star TeeBird to keep up, and I keep a Jawbreaker Zone around for utility. I have been Doing some field work with a Lucid Trespass, and am liking it more than the DX Destroyer I ended up with from a starter pack, but the Destroyer seems to be good for forehand when I must.

What do ya'll think? Am I on the right path here, or should I do some course correction?

Stay away from the Grove and, way too much variation in the mold. The Wahoo is another that is hard to throw as discs past a midrange or slower fairway disc should not have glide past a 5. Some can throw a Wahoo but it is hard and also one hard hit to a tree with the Wahoo and it is no longer usable too understable more so then even a Mamba. A Friend had that with an older Wahoo he threw in Recycling.

You are on a good start, but I would add a neutral/understable putter, mid and driver.

Like a Leopard to go with the Teebird.

I have tried a leopard but it seems like the flight is really unpredictable. Is that because the lower speed driver is less forgiving of a bad form? I use it for short forehand shots out of the bush and it seems to do okay, but my Zone seems to cut through better if I dink it on a twig or stalk.

I have tried a leopard but it seems like the flight is really unpredictable. Is that because the lower speed driver is less forgiving of a bad form? I use it for short forehand shots out of the bush and it seems to do okay, but my Zone seems to cut through better if I dink it on a twig or stalk.

Try the Leopard 3, the dome height is consistent.