• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help Me Identify This Disc

RShott

Par Member
So, yesterday I received my Discraft pro d/elite x misprint order. There is one disc that I cannot identify. It appears to be a midrange. I was thinking maybe a comet, but I am not sure if the comet was in existence in 1993. There are no markings inside the rim.

I have attached two photos of the disc, one straight on and one profile pic. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 98
I was thinking it was a Comet, but the PDGA website shows the comet being approved in 1995. Is it possible to have a Comet stamped with a 1993 World Championships stamp?

I just checked the approved list and the vortex was approved 1/1/90. That's your disc.

Cool, thanks dgdave (and everyone) for all the help. I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but does anyone have any idea how it is suppose to fly? Stable, Under/Overstable, glide?

Its kinda understable. Not really collectable unless you are making a worlds stamp set. You can't give away vortexes, even with a cool stamp.

I am not really a disc collector, but I would be open to trading it for another discraft midrange, perhaps a comet or a buzzz. If anyone is interested PM me.