• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me sell disc golf

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I want to start pushing for more courses built in my area to various parks & recs and people in the know but I'd appreciate any links any of you all might have that might help sell the idea. Rock and roll, hoochie coo comrades.

Here is a link from the PDGA website that might be helpful as well http://www.pdga.com/course-development. If you are part of a local club or there is one in the area get them on board also. You could even do an online poll to show support and let the parks people see that out of towners like to travel and play.

How far from Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill are you? There are at least two courses in this area that are still in the process of being set up, so if you are interested I can try to get you in touch with some of the people responsible for those courses.

Kerplunk, roughly 30 minutes. To everybody, thanks this is exactly what I was looking for, I'll raise a beer in all your names sometime soon.

Periodically do a Google News search of articles related to disc golf; you'll frequently find articles talking about how a disc golf course cleaned up a formerly unloved park. (Of course, you'll also find the bad and the ugly, but you can be selective in what you show to your local officials.)

Here's the bookmark I use: http://tinyurl.com/discgolfnews

Here's an example of the kind of article you can find: Disc golf courses a hit (Ashland, KY)

Periodically do a Google News search of articles related to disc golf; you'll frequently find articles talking about how a disc golf course cleaned up a formerly unloved park. (Of course, you'll also find the bad and the ugly, but you can be selective in what you show to your local officials.)

I do that and get an email every night and by far the vast majority of links are great news. If you remove the dramarama that is Chico/Bidwell Park, you approach more than 99% positive news.

Here's the bookmark I use: http://tinyurl.com/discgolfnews

Here's an example of the kind of article you can find: Disc golf courses a hit (Ashland, KY)

Now that's handy, I didn't think of doing that at all. Gotta love the spirit of cooperation. Thanks everybody.

You might also try contacting parks and Rec folks from other towns for statements. They are often enthusiastic about what the sport brings to their towns. I recently contacted DC Coleman at Victorville, CA parks and rec-- [email protected] . He was excited to tell me about tournaments they were having. I don't think their course is very old. DG can bring out of state money to a town and give organized outlets to local youth. I think one of the things that Parks and Rec folks like about DG is that it is inexpensive to open and maintain courses and it is very social.

Can anybody point me towards a list of designers around NC?

Latest posts