• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help retrieving disc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alert: thread drift approaching...however...

Brutus, where did you find that shirt in your profile pic? I just noticed it and nearly wet myself laughing.

Its from an image search I did looking for pics for the "Sonic needs an avatar" thread. Ive seen one of the local guys wearing a shirt that says the same thing but has some graphic designs.

Its from an image search I did looking for pics for the "Sonic needs an avatar" thread. Ive seen one of the local guys wearing a shirt that says the same thing but has some graphic designs.

I got a shirt a couple years ago that reads "Education is important but disc golf is IMPORTANTER" forget where I found it though. Maybe amazon.

Weather to me looked to be questionable for the Quad Cities in regard to disc staying up. Certainly no new heavy ice formation since the original post.

... I inquired on a trade with a friend with a fine thrower CE chicken he does not currently bag. Trade ask was too high for the 175 deep red. Heavy dip into my honey special reserve. 3 new Dx flattop rocs and my set of 3 orange finely seasoned kc aviars was briefly discussed as a base. He would want more and likely go after an old leo, a couple of gazelles to flip to another friend, or a faf chicken I got from him long ago and never touch. As he is in same co-op as I, I can not use normal tact of using other things as a trade supplement.

So guys, here's my situation - I used my workhorse CE Firebird on a forehand roller the other day, and it took a crazy bounce and rolled about 100 feet onto a partially frozen lake, then stopped. She's just sitting there, chillin'
So now, my favorite Firebird is just staring me in the face on that lake saying "come and get me!" I just can't walk on it. Ice is too thin.

So, anybody wanna help me brainstorm a genius idea on how to get this thing??

Radio Controlled car with a cardboard shovel taped to the nose.

So here's the scoop; I went out there the other day with a rod and hook, ready to reel in my firebird. But sure enough, the ice melted enough for the disc to fall into the water... I couldn't see it anywhere, so I'm pretty sure she's gone.. Up in disc heaven in Jesus's bag.

So, anybody wanna hook a guy up with a CE Firebird? I would pay you in genuine American currencies

th

Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real...
:D

Seriously though, CE firebirds are getting rarer by the day, might be time to start testing for a replacement...

So here's the scoop; I went out there the other day with a rod and hook, ready to reel in my firebird. But sure enough, the ice melted enough for the disc to fall into the water... I couldn't see it anywhere, so I'm pretty sure she's gone.. Up in disc heaven in Jesus's bag.

"Though we've got to say goodbye until the summer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.