• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Help with the Judge!

Sonormcneal

Par Member
I currently bag a Classic Blend Judge and its amazing for approaches, but its starting to fly straight. I like the feel of the Judge and want one that will be more OS than the Classic Blend version. I'm not looking for a Harp like flight, but more of an S-Line P2. Would a Fuzion Judge work for that? My goal would be to have a Nova for straight, then the Classic Blend Judge for slight hyper upshots and the Fuzion Judge for a more OS upshot. Thoughts?

Fluid Judge. It's exactly what you want.

I currently bag a Classic Blend Judge and its amazing for approaches, but its starting to fly straight. I like the feel of the Judge and want one that will be more OS than the Classic Blend version. I'm not looking for a Harp like flight, but more of an S-Line P2. Would a Fuzion Judge work for that? My goal would be to have a Nova for straight, then the Classic Blend Judge for slight hyper upshots and the Fuzion Judge for a more OS upshot. Thoughts?

I used to putt with the Judge, then switched to the beadless Warden. I putted with Classic Blend then switched to Classic (hard), simply because that's my personal preference in the hand.

The Judge is an awesome disc, but it is not going to be a very overstable disc. I have a Lucid Judge and it's a lot like my Opto Pure: it goes straight. The Judge will fade some at the end, but it'll season in to straight over time, even in Lucid plastic.

What you might try is a Marshal. It comes in Classic Blend and mine is a bit more overstable than my Judges (of all plastics). I never quite got comfortable with the Marshal for putting or throwing, but you might like it a lot. Worth giving a shot.

Edited to add: my experience is that the Fuzion Judge will be LESS stable than the Fluid or Lucid Judge, and will season in MORE quickly than those other plastics.

Last edited:
I don't really throw a judge but I've heard that fluid and dyemax are both pretty stable, I think fluid a touch more.
+1 vote for the marshal if you're just looking for a slightly more stable trilogy putter, that disc has all my work 250 and in minus the harp.

If a fresh Judge in your preferred plastic was fine, then buy another and keep the cycle going.

You could also try a Shield or Crown from Westside to pick up a little more overstability in the same plastic blend.

The classic example of a disc with a little more stability vs a Judge would be a Wizard from Gateway.

I've been throwing the judge for almost 3 years, and its definitely the disc that helped me form the most... The judge is only overstable slightly when it is brand new. They all become straight and understable fairly quickly. If you want something that will remain stable, try a TP shield or medium shield.

Fuzion judge can be quite understable. Do lucid or fluid for more stability.

I have tried lots of judges in all plastics and never found a nice trusty stable one, so I gave up and went with P2s. Tried Marshal as well but it was too fast for me. If I weren't using P2, I would go with Shield probably.

Once the judge starts to turn slightly on a full rip it is just getting into its prime. I too thought about ditching it once it lost its stability but then I forced myself to throw it more and work more lines with it I saw the light. There is nothing prettier then watching it turn ever so slightly and just ride off into the sunset. Amazing how far it will go (farthest putter I ever threw). I can put it on a hyzer too and carry that the whole flight as long as I back off slightly.

As for the more stable slot I picked up a Marshall and that is fitting it nicely. Curious what it will do once it gets fully broken in.

In addition to those, I also bag a suspect that fills most of my OS putter/approach stuff and bag a Harp on and off as well.

I've had a 168g Lucid Judge in my bag for about 2 years now and hands down it's the most OS Judge I've ever thrown (and I'm a Judge whore!! :p). It's my main driving putter and I can rip into it with full power and it's straight-to-fade all day long. The best part is it's getting pretty beaten in and doesn't seem to have lost much stability at all. Definitely a workhorse disc in my bag. Unfortunately, it's really hard to find Lucid Judges that light these days.

That said, if you're not into chasing unicorns I would definitely look into a Fluid Judge, as mine has just slightly less fade than my Lucid, but is still on the OS side. The next notch down from there would be Dyemax/hybrid.

If I weren't using P2, I would go with Shield probably.

I haven't tried a Shield, but after watching JohnE McCray using Shields at the Jonesboro Open, I was wondering if it might not be exactly what the OP is looking for.

I haven't tried a Shield, but after watching JohnE McCray using Shields at the Jonesboro Open, I was wondering if it might not be exactly what the OP is looking for.

it might be. I just like the feel of the judge but really like the Dyemax version DD just came out with: https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/Dynamic-Discs-DyeMax-Marvel-Panorama-Captain-Ameri-p/9068.htm

I was hoping that one might more OS than my Classic Blend one and use those two to cover my shots. i don't really like the feel of the harp or the P2

Judges, while they might be shaped like they should be overstable, they aren't. That was one of my issues with them for so many years. If you're looking for an overstable approach that isn't as beefy as a harp, I'd suggest a shield. If you must stay with a Judge, try to find a high dome fuzion, those were slightly overstable, instead of straight like all of the other judges I threw.

The classic example of a disc with a little more stability vs a Judge would be a Wizard from Gateway.

Exactly my thinking. I used to putt with Judges before switching to Reptilian molds. I used Wizards for upshots and driving putters because they feel almost identical in mold to Judges, but definitely are more overstable, while not being a glideless beef market.

Bump for some different help.

I got a pair of classic judges with some tourney funny money. I like them because they're white and have a sweet flag stamp, and they match.

However, they both have a slight taco going on, enough to notice and drive the OCD in me a bit crazy.

Anybody know a good way to flatten them back out? I've tried just applying flat pressure on the for a good while but didn't really help. Thanks in advance!

Bump for some different help.

I got a pair of classic judges with some tourney funny money. I like them because they're white and have a sweet flag stamp, and they match.

However, they both have a slight taco going on, enough to notice and drive the OCD in me a bit crazy.

Anybody know a good way to flatten them back out? I've tried just applying flat pressure on the for a good while but didn't really help. Thanks in advance!

Leave them in a hot car on a flat surface for an afternoon. This works for me. Lay them upside down if you want to flatten any dome on them.