• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help.

SethL

I have DX Leopard, Star Leopard, (both 150g) a Star and Champion Valkyrie (174 and 146g), 2 172g Birdies, the MVP wave, and Elite X Buzzz, an ESP Cyclone (176g), and an old DX Cobra. I mainly use the Leopards and Birdies. When I throw fh I use the Buzzz. I throw 250' max
I want to to have molds from a wide variety of brands, but obviously at this point that would be too expensive and probably detrimental to my game. My question is, what disc would y'all suggest me getting in the near future from a brand I do not currently throw that could fill a hole in my game?
Thanks for any help.

Dynamic Discs Judge for putting and Axiom Envy for throwing. I see you have the Birdie, so if you are happy with it as a putter, you might just get an Envy. It's great for driving/upshots.

Gateway makes some solid putters. Wizards and Magics are my 2 favorite. Those Judges are also solid putters as well. I personally throw a lot of Innova. Sounds like a 165g-170g champ sidewinder might not be a bad pick up for a new player that has gotten some rounds under their belt.

I want to to have molds from a wide variety of brands, but obviously at this point that would be too expensive and probably detrimental to my game. My question is, what disc would y'all suggest me getting in the near future from a brand I do not currently throw that could fill a hole in my game?
Thanks for any help.

HUH? You can't throw what you have now correctly, what makes you think you will get better throwing another brands? What hole are you trying to fill?

You have a technique/form issue, not a disc issue. If you don't work on that, you won't know if another brands discs are right for you anyway.

Throw what you have for a while. Work on your game and see how many shots you have covered. With 250' of power those discs should be enough to build a foundation.

If you really, really want to get new plastic, get putters. Find putters that work for you for putting, approaching, and driving (could be four different molds, or could be just one.) Worst case you'll have a bunch of putters for practice.

This post was kinda pointless. I know that new disc or brands aren't going to make me any better. I am both addicted to buying discs and interested in different brands. When I find a disc from a new brand that interests me, it is usually another brands version of the Leopard or a putter.
I guess I was hoping someone would see a hole based on my current discs. I have considered a throwing putter for a while. (But I like what I can do with my Birdie.) I still might get one. I was also thinking about a stable fairway driver (TeeBird esque), not really a priority. I've looked at beginner friendly distance drivers, but for now they wouldn't help me.
What I really need is help with my form.

lots of videos on BH form are available :) try to practice the instructions during field work and on the course? It is also most helpful to tag along on rounds with more experienced players and try to learn stuff from them, ask questions, most people are eager to share

When I first started, I (and many of us) did the same thing, we became plastic addicts! It is part of the fun, but many people never get out of it, they amass tons of discs, but never really get better. If you like collecting discs and don't care about getting better, then that's fine, but. . . . .

Read through this thread and give it a try for a while.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32790

The best thing I ever did for my game.

I've uped the plastics since and my best score on one of my home courses is still held using only four discs.
Star Eagle-X, G* Leopard, KC Roc, Yeti Aviar

Mint discs alpha... just saying. Teebird like fairway and they're catching on pretty quick. Worth a shot. At worst I'll buy it off ya if you don't like it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUH? You can't throw what you have now correctly, what makes you think you will get better throwing another brands? What hole are you trying to fill?

You have a technique/form issue, not a disc issue. If you don't work on that, you won't know if another brands discs are right for you anyway.

Wow. You've never seen him throw, but know that he doesn't throw correctly? I believe they call this "psychological projection" . . .

To OP: You don't have an overstable utility disc. A Felon would be my suggestion. Be wary of using it as a crutch, though; if you notice yourself using it because your Valkyrie is flipping too much, there's likely a form issue you need to address.

Don't leave home without a Z Comet, learn to throw it dead straight and it'll change your life.

Shouldn't you have more of the same kind of disc, for fieldwork?

Like, 5 putters and 5 leopards?

It's not critical. It's mostly helpful for developing comfort with a mold, which is something you really only care a lot about after you've ironed out your setup.

almost correct. the life-changing Comet is and always will be the X.

Personal preference I guess, my 3 year old Z comet still flies like the day it was new.

I like both. I have a Z (camouflage tie-dye... Amazon purchase) that seems to fly more like an X. The added durability is definitely nice. It's replacement will be a fresh X.

Speaking of Comets... I could never throw mine until I figured out grip fundamentals. The same goes for beaded putters and other beaded mids. When I did figure out grip, throwing mids/putters got easier, and it helped my drivers as well. Long story short: to the OP, don't overlook your grip.

Latest posts