• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help....

Robinhood

I shoot this video during a fast game yesterday.

Just looking for some tips and areas to improve. I normally do not run off the pad like I am here, but I was having a shoe issue yesterday with the sole falling off! I would love to get a bit more distace, 400ish or so more regularly, as I seem to be able to get that distace ever once in a while on a good toss.

first toss Gold Line Havoc 168g went about 350
second toss Champion Wraith 169g also 350

I measured the distance with my guesstameter the hole is about 400

I was tossing Star Leopard also and seemed to be getting about 300-320 out of it. I get about 250 out of my dx Aviar bb.

If anyone has some good iphone video edit software let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHbAmT3qDvM

you have been playing for a long time, so it will be hard for you to break some habbits =-p

it seems to me like your trying to make your throw fit on the area of the teepad that you are given, in the first throw, you forget a few steps that you had in the 2nd throw. dont be afraid to start in the grass =-D

2nd thing: i would really focus on not turning your wrist at the hit, see how when you throw, your hand on the follow through is so low? that is because your rotating your wrist right when you release because it gives you a false sensation of more power. i am all for throwing however feels natural, and i do not believe in "the perfect form" so i would just work on not turning your wrist over at the hit!!!...but thats just me and i am not quite at a year playing yet and you have been playing a long time =-D

Last edited:
Thanks Kachtz,

I will have to work on that, I have a few bad habbits from playing ultamate for years.

i ended up getting around that tree, but yes aiming away from the trees would be good...

how do you post the youtube in, I must have messed that up.

is this the format?

[ YOUTUBE ] full youtube video address [ /YOUTUBE ]

i ended up getting around that tree, but yes aiming away from the trees would be good...

how do you post the youtube in, I must have messed that up.

is this the format?

[ YOUTUBE ] full youtube video address [ /YOUTUBE ]

You just want the part that comes after "v=" in the video address.

There are two large things I see with your form that may help. The first is more shoulder rotation. Generally speaking you want your shoulders to be perpendicular with your throwing line right before you begin the actual throw. Your never quite reach that point and that robs you of power.

Second, let your follow through happen. You purposefully try to stop your arm very quick after the throw which often times means you're going to be decelerating through the hit. Let the follow-through come all the way. Smooth equals power so any time you look at yourself and you look jerky, or stiff, that's not a good sign.

Strong arming, disc doesn't get to the power zone, etc. Consult DGR technique stickies...

Basically you want the elbow angle to collapse a lot farther than yours does. It allows you a much larger range of motion to accelerate the forearm before the wrist releases and you send the disc through the final phase of the launch. You really want to get that elbow way out in front of you, with the disc tucked close to your pec, then use the rotation of your shoulders to trigger the sling of your forearm out like a whip. You are using all arm muscle.