• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help!!!!

gaerith2

I have been playing disc golf for three years and I throw 100-150 feet shorter off the tee than I did two years ago. I don't know what has happened but I'm 6'4 with long arms and legs so I should be able to throw far. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and could really use some help because I don't know how to fix it. Please watch the video below and give me some pointers. Anything will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GynD4SEhzDo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
High reach, low pull.
you seem to be adding serious torque. What was the disc?

Any chance on getting a side view?

Seem a bit flat footed and not really reaching back. Pros seem to turn their back to the target and kind of jump in the air a little bit and use footwork to harness that power. When I get this problem, I find that throwing some 360s helps wake me up. Definitely gets the back to the target and stops me from being flat footed.

Lower the reach back. That will result in a throw that doesn't "loop" as much.

I would say the same, and to throw it on more of a hyzer. That style of throwing from up to down with the pull through seems to work well for finesse shots. For pure distance, back to the target as mentioned with a strong hyzer release. No offense to blizzard plastic but you seem to be a strong thrower, I would stick with the heavier stuff it wont slow down and drop as quick. MAX WEIGHT :thmbup:

Don't feel like you have to throw all max weight, it will probably hurt you a lot more than help you.

Dependent on your throwing style. I have tried all weights from 175 to 134 and my heavier stuff always flies further, now when looking for accuracy more over distance i might jump down to 165's< but no lower.

Latest posts