• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey college guys, help needed. anyone know any colleges who have a disc golf class?

Western Carolina University:

Beginning Disc Golf - 81914 - PE 136 - 01
Associated Term: Fall 2012
Registration Dates: Feb 22, 2012 to Aug 24, 2012
Levels: Undergraduate
Attributes: Residential Instruction

Cullowhee Campus
Phys Educ Outdoor Schedule Type
Face-to-Face Instructional Method
2.000 Credits
View Catalog Entry

Class 1:25 pm - 2:15 pm MWF Reid 502 Aug 20, 2012 - Dec 07, 2012 Phys Educ Outdoor Justin Menickelli

CSU Monterey Bay California has a class. Originally taught by Stancil Johnson.

http://catalog.csumb.edu/undergrad-education/majors/kinesiology/course-descriptions

KIN 141: Disc Golf

Description

Low-impact and easy to learn, provides students with the fundamental skills, beginnings through advanced, to enjoy disc golf. Students, athletic or not, all genders, and all ages, can learn to play. Develops a life sport by completion. Meets at hole one on Cypress Course behind Black Box Cabaret. Credit/no credit. (Offered every semester).

I took the class there and it really got me a great foundation to grow on. Also Stancil was an awesome help, along with Myrle.

About 7 years ago UW Parkside, Kenosha Wisconsin offered a disc golf course. I helped out with instruction.

I had to send a company a list of colleges that teach disc golf. I have mailed the list, but keep them coming. I also mentioned that there are over 200 colleges and universities with actual disc golf courses on campus.
Don't worry you are not going to see professor prerube at a college any time soon :)

The two college classes I haven't yet seen offered that could help build the sport are "How to run/teach a disc golf program" for Park Recreation and PE majors, and "How to design/build disc golf courses" for Landscape Architect majors. I'd be interested to know if anyone has seen either of these offered anywhere yet.

Rice University has a guy in the Kinesiology department who is a disc golfer (not sure what his title is). He introduced me to disc golf when I was there in the late 1990s. When I visited for my 10-year class reunion in 2010, there was still a layout of disc golf baskets on campus, though the "course" was in pretty bad shape. Suffice it to say that at some time in the recent past or near future, there may have been or may be a PE class in disc golf offered at Rice U.

Wished I could help you out here. The University of Mississippi(Ole Miss) taught one a few years back, probably 3-4 years ago, but the guy who taught it moved away the year after it started so they stopped the class. :(

Humboldt State University has a class currently. This was the first semester it was offered, and I am guessing they will continue if there was enough interest.

It is a one credit class that meets twice a week.

Latest posts