• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey college guys, help needed. anyone know any colleges who have a disc golf class?

The University of Wisconsin Platteville has Disc Golf is their gym classes and
The University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Had a disc golf class taught by Terry Miller

Ok I see Oregon State has a course, did not check Oregon U.

I can not find any info on the Wisconsin Schools

I believe that the disc golf for UWP is in the class for outdoor activities but UWM I have no clue, I just know Terry had it all over his Facebook last summer

Alan Beaver teaches one. I think at one of the University of South Carolina satellites, but I don't remember.

I was recently told of someone who took a disc golf class at Newberry College (SC), but I have a suspicion it was just part of a larger physical education class.

Alan Beaver teaches a flying disc class at the main University of South Carolina campus which includes disc golf.

Here is the list I have:
Cal State, U of Oregon, Oregon State, U of SC, N. Arizona, U of Alabama at Birmingham, Anderson, University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee - unconfirmed), North Heenepin, Dixie State, Haywood Community College, and Bethel.

Ok I see Oregon State has a course, did not check Oregon U.

I can not find any info on the Wisconsin Schools

Actually there are multiple courses near Oregon State and it's easy driving distance to Portland and courses in this site's top ten. :hfive: At UofO it's an extra hour to Portland and the best course nearby (Dexter) is almost a half hour away. Not to mention you'd be a Duck. :thmbdown:

Oh, and I failed to mention the class at Oregon State is taught by Nate Sexton.

I mean college class as a course, not a DG course. I am looking for what colleges give credit for DG.

I was trying to check UofOregon, because I thought Feldberg was just the coach for the club team. This is all I found on their difficult to navigate online catalog:
101-198 Individual Activities: [Topic] (1-2R) 101: Disc Golf I, 102: Disc Golf II. R once for maximum of 2 credits per activity.

Ventura City College had one.

I see they include disc golf in an adapted physical education class, but no current course dedicated to DG.
I wish there was a disc golf class when I was taking adapted physical education.

Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan has/had a fundamentals of disc sports course when I graduated two years ago. It covered disc golf, ultimate, guts, and double-disc court. More info here.

Latest posts