• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hi! I'm new

Ruckus

I'm new to the forums, kind of. In 2011 when I was 14 I came onto the site asking for advice on what discs to buy. Back then I thought you needed one mid range and one putter and how ever many drivers your heart desired. I come back to the site with a much more expanded knowledge on the sport. I now have 3 putters 4 mid range 5 fairway drivers and 8 drivers.

I'm 17, from Iowa and the corn fields. I throw primarily forehand, that's the way I have thrown since I started. This summer I am going to try and expand my game to a backhand considering I have much more distance potential that way. I'm very excited to join this great community of disc golfers!

Welcome! My best advice:
1) If you're having fun, you're doing it right.
2) When you want to get better, you'll learn to do what you need to.

Welcome to the site! When I switched from forehand to backhand it totally changed my game in a great way.

Welcome to the site! When I switched from forehand to backhand it totally changed my game in a great way.

Hopefully I'm the same way, I'm done with school on Friday, and I'm going to start working on it immediately. Any suggestions for how to start on it?

Welcome back! I did the forehand to backhand switch last year, and couldn't imagine being FH dominant any more. Make sure to keep that FH sharp, though...you'll still use it quite a bit!

Hopefully I'm the same way, I'm done with school on Friday, and I'm going to start working on it immediately. Any suggestions for how to start on it?

Learn proper form from a standstill first. I've built plenty of bad habits I need to unlearn. Also you can always post a video of yourself driving. There's people around who will give you advice.

Learn proper form from a standstill first. I've built plenty of bad habits I need to unlearn. Also you can always post a video of yourself driving. There's people around who will give you advice.

This x10. Go check out the form analysis forum. 30s of cell video uploaded to youtube and sidewinder will hook ya up with great advice & analysis.

This x10. Go check out the form analysis forum. 30s of cell video uploaded to youtube and sidewinder will hook ya up with great advice & analysis.

Sounds great, couldn't have asked for a better welcome into a community!