• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hitting all 10 of the current top 10

^I feel the same way about the whites at Maple Hill. Challenged every aspect of my lousy game. It's the only course that I've rated a 5.

Got to play Maple Hill this weekend...it's absolutely criminal that it's not in the top 10.

I don't think the folks at Maple Hill are too upset that they fell out of the top ten. They have serious concerns about overuse of the course. That's the reason they increased the price on the weekends.

I don't think the folks at Maple Hill are too upset that they fell out of the top ten. They have serious concerns about overuse of the course. That's the reason they increased the price on the weekends.

They charged us $10 on Saturday. Not sure why.

Due to all the great suggestions on this thread and PM's, I have amended the trip. Initially, I was planning a couple of overnight backpack trips in Mizz but have nixed those hikes in favor of more DG while up in Wisc. This may be a bit ambitious, but I timed everything out and should be doable, with very little time to spare.

Sat 5/19
Rollin Ridge, WI
Wilderness, WI
Zobel, WI

Sun 5/20
Standing Rocks, WI
Justin Trails - Big Brother, WI
Justin Trails - Classic, WI

Mon 5/21
Vision Quest, MN

Tues 5/22
Harmony Bends, MO

Thurs 5/24
Bailey, CO

Fri 5/26
Beaver Ranch, CO

I will definitely reach out to Mushin and TallPaul when heading up to WI. Any other company is welcome.

Unfortunately, Bucksnort has closed indefinitely due to zoning issues. I am sure Paulie is working hard to get it back open. That is why I had to switch Beaver Ranch to that slot. Also, that was the motivation to get up to VisionQuest, along with Mando's suggestion. It is sitting at #11 looking in hard.

You might want to play Justin Trails Classic first before Big Brother because you're going to be beat after Big Brother. Classic is a traditional wooded disc golf course that is fun and worth playing. Big Brother is epic! It has long holes up and down big hills with some beautiful scenery. It wipes me out though.

Sat. and Sun. are both serious business!!!! Mashing six of the better courses in the whole state into two days!!!

I believe Rollin' Ridge has started up league play on Saturday mornings as well....and while that would be great fun; it won't be speedy fun...

...oh, perhaps that's just today; as points series qualifier...

Last edited:
....also, guess I'm forgetting that not that long ago, I would also design 3, 4 and 5 courses a day into a road trip.... These days; 3 sounds strenuous! :)

I believe Rollin' Ridge has started up league play on Saturday mornings as well....and while that would be great fun; it won't be speedy fun...

...oh, perhaps that's just today; as points series qualifier...

Appreciate heads up.
I can always start at Zobel and work my way back.

Anyone know for sure if there will be league play that morning (Sat 5/19)?

With the new development on bucksnort - and I don't vote this as positive at all, I definitely wanted to play there someday. I will have now played all of the top 10 again.

With the new development on bucksnort - and I don't vote this as positive at all, I definitely wanted to play there someday. I will have now played all of the top 10 again.
Not exactly the way you wanted to have played the top 10, huh? :(

I knew it wouldn't last long . . . happy to say I did reach all 10 before an international got voted in!!!

And if you want a truly brutal course, try Justin's Trails big brother course in Sparta. Starts off with a 1000' hole that leads you into wooded and elevated terrain until the back nine that uses rolling hills, think hole 1 Jonesboro, as scenic ways to mess with your depth perception and finishes with a bomber downhil bomber shot. Similar to any top of the world type shot. Just make sure to go when they cut the grass cause I've lost three discs, a lot more in my group too, in one round. But, like I said it's brutal.

Second Justin Trails. Played it last fall. It was just pure dg heaven for me. But yeah it is bigtime up and down. Currently, the best looking looking course I've layed eyes on in the Midwest.

Nice Goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of in agreement. We played the blues, and it just has all the shots. It feels good. It's like Flip City's smarter brother.

i haven't played Maple Hill yet but i <3 this description

i'm surprised the 'movement in the top 10' thread hasn't been dragged up about this international shake up. i'm glad to see Jarva make the top 10

i'm surprised the 'movement in the top 10' thread hasn't been dragged up about this international shake up. i'm glad to see Jarva make the top 10

ditto,

Jarva, from what I've read and seen via pictures, looks awesome. It could very likely be more worthy than a couple courses currently in the top ten rated list. If its still there in a few years, I am going to try and play it. Sweden is my wife and I's next world trip in 2020.

Second Justin Trails. Played it last fall. It was just pure dg heaven for me. But yeah it is bigtime up and down. Currently, the best looking looking course I've layed eyes on in the Midwest.

Nice Goal.

I'll be there this weekend. One of only 3 5.0's I've given out on reviews. I love it SO much.

Latest posts