• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hitting the Mark: Fairway Run-ups

You must not play around trees very often....

Or elevation. I max out at 375' so I'd say in a normal round I have 2 or 3 instances where I can/will take a full X-step approach from the fairway.

So is the consensus that most people can "feel" how far back to start their run-up? Just for ****s & giggles I might yank out a tape measure and see how close my run-up distance is when compared to a 12' teepad (what I normally see on my full power shots).

penalty for a foot fault is what? a warning first, then stroked and rethrow? playing open division in my area i haven't noticed people watching for this or heard of people being called on it.

You have to rethrow with the warning as well. 1st infraction warning and rethrow, each one after that penalty stroke and rethrow.

Practice makes perfect. Caring about your lie and footing matters, and if you don't practice, and it gets called in a tourney, you will suffer all round thinking about it. If you are prepared and practicing, even if you get called (we all make mistakes) you are always aware, so it won't really affect you long term.

I do the same thing man. I turn around and take 4 bigger than normal steps back before I let her rip. I never have to worry about foot placement or not hitting my mark.

Latest posts