• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hitting the top or bottom!

Which place do you hate hitting more?

• Hitting the top of the hole on the side

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Hitting the bottom basket on the side

Votes: 50 67.6%

• Total voters

boogdapirate

Which do you desipise more hitting the bottom basket on the side or hitting the top of the hole in which both cases the disc bounces off and doesn't count.

Personally the top since it feels like I angled the disc too high. With the disc hitting the bottom basket on the side I feel like I didn't give the disc enough power.

Hitting the cage because I didnt give the putt a chance if its dropping that low.

Chain hanger hits are usually close runs.

And i am talking from 40 and out.
Inside 30 they both piss me off equally

I would much rather hit high, at least it had some chance of going in.

Big come-backer

At least if you hit metal, the disc may stay close to the basket.
If you miss on either side, the disc could sail away long.
I'd rather be high or low & hit something than miss everything & have the disc sail away- long

Ironically, I prefer to hit low. I used to overshoot and miss high so often that somewhere along the way I was somewhat satisfied with a good solid low basket hit. However, like others have mentioned they usually tick me off fairly equally.

I hate hitting basket more because when I miss, 90% of the time, it's low because I didn't follow through. I "short-armed" it.:wall:

top for me. a wang's worth of less height and i woulda saved a stroke.

plus the bounces roll more when hitting the top.

no-low-putts-tarra_design.png

The one that makes me mad is the rare hyzer putt that slides right through the middle of the chains and out the other side. Other than that, I really hate hitting the basket.

I hate when I hit the basket low. Usually when I do so it was dead on as far as accuracy, just needed more height to it. I know it was going in. It is my fault for not throwing it harder/higher. WHen hit the sides and it knocks out, I figure it will occasionally fall out and that is just the odds. I can't do too much about that.

I have had worse deflections off the top, bottom or pole and the disc usually sits.

Though I agree that missing altogether is the suck...also kissing chains buhlows.

Latest posts