• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 01/08/13: Bicentennial DGC in Crowley, TX

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Bicentennial DGC
in Crowley, TX
Rating – 3.69

37 Reviews

Hole #9
Red Tee, Par 4, 330'
White Tee, Par 3, 236'
Blue Tee, Par 3, 164'

Hole Details says it plays flat. No Hole Tips.

Hole #9 Red Tee: Basket is just out of sight to the right, slightly up hill
3d10be98.jpg

Hole #9 White Tee
9958f649.jpg

Hole #9 Basket
48751830.jpg

Map
f54242e2.gif

:hfive:

"slightly uphill" is an understatement. Once (if) you get through the gap there is an immediate bank that is quite steep. It would be difficult to overshoot the basket due to the bank and low ceiling so you can crank on it. I throw a straight glidey disc into the bank for a nice uphill putt at the basket.

TL for me.

Anyone else think the Red/White tees are mixed up on the photos? You can see the Red teepad from the White photo. Anywho...

Longest: Teebird up the gut, Rhyno up and Rhyno in.
Long: beat Roc or X Comet, Rhyno up and Rhyno in.
Short: Rhyno -> Rhyno

Seems like on this tunnel you'd want something slow, glidy, and with minimal fade (Comet!) to get you to up as far on the hill as possible on the drive, hoping for a putt.

Haven't played there yet, but maybe I'll make it this year...

Red: Leopard
White and Blue: Fuse (or maybe a Buzzz, depending on my mood)

Red: I guess try to fit an ESP XL in that window unless I can figure out a way to hit that mound in the clearing.
White: Same as ^^^ except with a Z Challenger.

buzzz or FD into that gap then who knows probably some silly awkward xxx FH to get on the other side of the trees wizards to finish

Hyzer flip 170 DX Teebird or 171 CH TL to avoid excessive fade and keep in the middle. Would throw a bead DX roc but the lack of ceiling room is more of a concern.

Upshot DX Rhyno then try and make the putt if everything prior went well, nail the 3.

Red: FLX Buzzz, Grip Line Spike or Pro D to approach (if I don't make the gap to the hillside) Zero Line Spike to putt
White: I'd want to try going over the top but more then likely I'd run it with a Grip Line Spike and finish with a Zero Line Spike
Blue: Grip Line Spike thrown with my left hand just for fun

Latest posts