• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 02/28/13: Arboretum-Spiker Park in Canton, OH

Typically play middle tee on this hole, because I lost a good Tb on this hole from the longs. Stupid low branches. If I do throw from the longs its going to be a high hyzer blizz boss.

Great course though.

This is what makes these discussions so interesting; we all have to judge what we would throw based upon the pictures.

Just looking at the pictures, while it would not be an easy shot, going over the water looks like a gap I could hit consistently enough. I would be throwing a Pinnacle Rival low and fast, and again, based upon the pictures I do not think the low branches would be a problem often enough for me to alter my answer.

However, once there I might be persuaded to take the safer route, especially after hearing how often people get snagged by those low branches. I still think I would go with my gut of gunning the water and letting a few lost discs dissuade me from ever doing it again.

This is what makes these discussions so interesting; we all have to judge what we would throw based upon the pictures.

Just looking at the pictures, while it would not be an easy shot, going over the water looks like a gap I could hit consistently enough. I would be throwing a Pinnacle Rival low and fast, and again, based upon the pictures I do not think the low branches would be a problem often enough for me to alter my answer.

However, once there I might be persuaded to take the safer route, especially after hearing how often people get snagged by those low branches. I still think I would go with my gut of gunning the water and letting a few lost discs dissuade me from ever doing it again.

You're not going to deuce it throwing it low and flat. Not enough height on the disc. Why not just throw a safe hyzer then and take the same 3?

Nice looking course, but it's in Ohio :(

Air Sword if the conditions are right. Wish I had a Pure to drop in a putt :) Probably throw an Anode.

You're not going to deuce it throwing it low and flat. Not enough height on the disc. Why not just throw a safe hyzer then and take the same 3?

Because I cannot see the side of the picture. Is it wide open out there? I know I am not trying to take a 2, and while I am very secure with my ability to almost always get under the basket with a second shot, I want to make that second shot as short as possible.

Again, this is all Internet bravado, so naturally I am likely going for the dangerous shot. It I played it often, I would likely change my tune about how I would likely attack it. I still think my first instinct would always be to tempt the water. That is me and how I play. For better or worse I am a very big shot risk taker.

white tee:

i would throw a Volt to the right of the bench and tree. i take the long route because i've seen so many peoeple clip the tiniest twig and plop in the water. & my aim sucks.

Fixed, for my liking. This would be my route, for sure.

Axis, and Ion to finish, for the 3.

Champ Sidewinder from the long. FD or River from MID and Optopure or Magic from short.

If I were really concerned about the water, I'd put down a FH roller with the Sidewinder.

Latest posts