• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 03/05/13: Dr. James A. Dillon Park in Noblesville, IN

Red A: Beat 180g DX Shark turnover
Red B: Slightly newer 180g DX Shark TO with a little fade back
Blue A: Same as Red A. (Might be easier to miss that tree from here anyway.)
Blue B: 150g Champ Valk Turnover with a little fade back, hopefully good skip.

Red a- rhyno
Red b- buzz ss

Long a and b are teebirds. Just different teebirds.

Sidewinder or something similar. Just throw it straight and let it curve right through the opening. If the pin's at the B location, you have a shot of landing it right at the basket. Also, watch out for that damn tree about 20 feet out from the red tee.

Long:
A:Beast
B:Blizzard Krait
Short
A:Cobra
B:Buzz

Long to long: River
All others: Buzzz

Looks like a tough bird for LHBH, so I'll make sure to stay clear of the creek and get the 3.

RHBH Avenger SS from any of them. The River is making a solid push for that slot (finally), but isn't quite there yet. Give me a week.

Red tee - Pin A 218 ft (3): Challenger on an anny.
Red Tee - Pin B 285 ft (3): Beast thrown flat, let it fade left.

Blue tee - Pin A 280 ft (3): Beat DX Leo, thrown a bit to the left so it has the room it needs to turn right and get me close without going in the trees.
Blue tee - Pin B 349 ft (3): Champ Archon or R-Pro Boss thrown flat.

wiz buzzz
buzzz firebird

I love this hole, it is one of my favorites! It really doesn't mater which disc you throw, just one that works for you to accomplish either a smooth, low anny to settle next to the pin for a birdie on the A pin. Or, a nice low S flight that anny's and then a slight hyzer, long to the B pin. Rollers on this hole tend to cruise out to the left, or mack into one of the guardian trees at the entrance to the green. If you miss the window and hyzer (or roll) out to the left, the trees and schule can be tough to get through and there are many 4's (and 5's) taken on this "short" hole. Drives that are left too short, mean an aggressive approach to either the A or B pin, which can translate into a disc in the creek! :doh:

Side story, the "grotto" where the green is located is quite the beauty, a grassy area, surrounded by trees and the literal, babbling brook. :) The first week that this course was open, I was playing a round and came to hole #3. There was a wedding set up in the grotto! Complete with rows of chairs for the guests, a lattice archway with greenery and flowers adorning it, a small altar and standing candelabra's! It's that beautiful of a setting. Seeing all this, I simply picked up my disc and moved on to hole 4. :thmbup:

I think I played the blue tee and the long pin, and threw a beat roc when I played. Now I might try a comet roller.

Latest posts