• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 09/18/12: Pickard Park in Indianola, IA

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Pickard Park
in Indianola, IA
Rating – 4.43

23 Reviews

Hole #18
Blue Tee, Par 5, 958'
White Tee, Par 5, 793'
Red Tee, Par 5, 602'

Hole Details says there is water in play. No Hole Tips.

Hole #18 Tee
7792b099.jpg

Map 1
attachment.php

Map 2
attachment.php

No other pictures.

:hfive:

Attachments

• Map 1.jpg
    Map 1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Map 2.jpg
    Map 2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 135
Just played here over the weekend, I threw a blizzard boss off the tee, an SPD from the fairway, then upshot and putt with a wizard.

Yay! Awesome course, awesome hole. I "helped" Juliana and Randy design it before the baskets were ever in. I didn't actually have any input. It's changed much since then. #18 used to be #17, and the basket was shorter (seems like maybe it was a 2-shot hole). Anyway, yay!

Mashy, had you played there before? You like? Was it mowed?

Yay! Awesome course, awesome hole. I "helped" Juliana and Randy design it before the baskets were ever in. I didn't actually have any input. It's changed much since then. #18 used to be #17, and the basket was shorter (seems like maybe it was a 2-shot hole). Anyway, yay!

Mashy, had you played there before? You like? Was it mowed?

First time there, it was mowed. It's not quite in the awesome category for me, felt just a little on the open side. I liked the elevation and the more technical shots toward the middle and end of the course were really nice.

Hyzer Flip an ESP FLX Avenger SS a couple of times or QOLS and then a Core or Comet. Finish with Pro Pig. If it's windy Z Predator, Icon Ghost, Pro Pig.

First time there, it was mowed. It's not quite in the awesome category for me, felt just a little on the open side.

Oh, ha, yeah, my "awesome" was a little exuberant. That's enhanced by my sentiment. But I do think it's a great course especially for a wide range of Adv level players (too short for Pros in many cases). And yes, it definitely skews to the "open" side.

In 2004 Worlds, Round 2 Pool A (top pros before re-shuffle), they played it:
16% birdies
69% pars
12% bogey
3% double (Nate Doss and Devin Brown, you suck!)

In the semi-finals, it was:
38% birdies
47% pars
14% bogey
1% double (Kevin Babbit, you suck!)

11 of the top 20 finishers at Worlds got a birdie on this hole in the semis.
Only 2 of the 53rd-72nd finishers at Worlds got a birdie on this hole in the semis.

I dunno. Whatever driver is working that day. Either a RHBH River several times or a RHFH Firebird or Pred several times. Finish out with some sort of Buzzz - Pure - Ion combo.

Blizzard Katana off the tee and for all the drives.

Sidewinder since it's up hill and some flip is going to help, the elevation will eat some of my distance, so 310/330 or so. About 600 and change to go, so a P-PD and then a River/Saint/Warship - I doubt I'll land that approach drive in my putting range, so Yeti up shot and putt. Pretty modestly confident in taking 5's on ~1000 footers, unless I'm playing the Monster.

Latest posts