• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/7/2011

Rol6566

* Ace Member *
Rankin Lake DGC in Gastonia, NC

Hole 12
Blue-186' Par 3
Gold-210' Par 3

Long Tee
9d699b7b.jpg

Short Tee
f499439f.jpg

Basket
342236a4.jpg

Basket to Tee
a7962313.jpg

Map
99045c37.jpg

Looks like its dead straight through a tight tunnel of trees

Id throw my core and pray I make it past the first trees

Home of Bikinijack!

His pic too.

This is a super fun course and often overlooked since it sits in the shadow of the Charlotte courses. It is literally right off the interstate, go play it!!!

Probably chuck a sinus or try to flex a drone s/l

My understable putter, ergo my Pure.

On the longer maybe a comet, but probably also the pure.

The short tee is definitely a putter shot. It's tight, tight, tight. I throw a fairly beat in Wizard right down the gut. The long seems to always get me. I've hit those first two trees so many times, it ain't funny. Also, the long tee distance isn't right. It's longer than 210'. Someday, I'm gonna get around to re-measuring the back nine, as a few of the alternate tees/pin positions don't have the correct distances listed. The short tee distance is correct, or damn near. The long is probably more like 250'.

I've seen a few folks have a little success throwing OH shots from the short tee. There's a decent RH tommy line up high to the right. I'll stick with the putter though.

I love holes like that!

Roc down the middle from either tee (and then how ever many more wizard throws it takes me to get out of jail and to the basket ;) )

Now that's a real golf hole. Redneck Machismo would love it.
I'd go with a backhand Ryno from the shorts, but not sure from the longs...maybe a BH stratus or sidewinder. Might even go forehand Flash depending on how the FH was working.

You know, I've never really played a very wooded course with holes like this one. I think I'd throw a roller with a mid, like a Buzzz, and see how far I could thread my way down. What would I have to lose??

Also, the long tee distance isn't right. It's longer than 210'. Someday, I'm gonna get around to re-measuring the back nine, as a few of the alternate tees/pin positions don't have the correct distances listed. The short tee distance is correct, or damn near. The long is probably more like 250'.

I thought that it looked like more than 24ft between the tees.

I'll go Voodoo from both, maybe a beat-in Buzzz from the long if I need to keep it lower.

Latest posts