• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/9/14: Goldenrod DGC Hole 4 in Davison, MI

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.47 from 29 reviews.

Hole 4
Par 3
401 ft
Water in Play

Tip By: donnyv
You can send a RHBH power hyzer out into the open on the left to leave you a chance at seeing the basket on top of a small ridge. Beware of roll-aways and overshooting the basket with the downward-sloping rough close by.

Tee:
114b5667.jpg

Another look from same Tee:
c286695c.jpg

Flint River to the right of the fairway:
1da388b2.jpg

Course Map

I think I would be throwing a TeeBird3 to keep it in the fairway. If I am feeling good about it I could flick a Blizzard Boss on that line.

probably RHBH a Patriot to keep the fade down. I don't see me going for anything more than a 3 here...

1x Beast, hyzer or a stable blizzard destroyer depending on the wind. Have to throw it higher, have it flatten out then fade left. Probably a poorly designed hole, the teepad should be 20' to the right. Hard to power a hyzer 401' with such an early bank of trees.

River is to the right of the dog but really doesn't come into play unless you have the worst griplock in your life. In the "no leaves" pic follow the right hand tree line all they way down until you can kind of see the white of the driveway. The pin is tucked up a small ridge behind the last set of trees in that right hand tree line. You don't want to be hugging the right tree line. There is plenty of space for a good hyzer

When I play this hole, I'll typically just hyzer out an Eagle-X so I can have a chance to look at the pin. If I'm not far enough then I'll usually RHFH flick a mid up to the pin. If I can get a look at it then RHBH little turn of a putter or mid

Was curious about the river because if it was just to the right, I might FH roller my Predator and let it run out and to the left. If the river was on the other side of the trees straight out, I might not take that chance of having it roll further than anticipated and down in the woods.

Second option of mine - hyzer my Teebird3 or Volt.

tl from the pad, buzzz or nova to approach.

Probably just an easy Teebird hyzer off of the tee. Fastball Thumber Firebird or anny Aviar to approach, likely.