• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12.20.2010

Noill

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Sylmar (Veterans Park) in Sylmar, Cali
Hole 9
219'
240'
280'
OB for Hole 9 on or beyond sidewalk

13cfef9e.jpg

c31caaee.jpg

8d054d33.jpg

buzzz or star xd for all of them. Played that course, it was pretty fun minus throwing an 07' wraith into the backyard with a pitbull. Hole 14 I think. Nice pro shop.

Prob this:
Pig <--red
FLX Avenger SS <--white
Light GL River <--blue

Buzzz or wasp on all (depending on wind)

Little confusing...on or beyond the sidewalk is OB, but the baskets are beyond the sidewalk according to the map above. Looks like the aerial map shows a longer setup than the OB map.

If the distances are correct, I'd most likely throw a Voodoo on the short and middle lengths and a Buzzz on the long.

With the way 1 starts at the parking lot, Im thinking same tee with 3 different basket positions? Kind of confusing so all I can go by is the pic.

From there, Im thinking I might go with my heavier Z Pred. through the left most of the right gaps going for the skipper.

I've only played this in one of the pin positions. The basket is beyond the sidewalk in a little circle of dirt no more than 15' in diameter. All sidewalk is OB so I throw a Buzzz low hoping to slide up low as close to the OB sidewalk as possible and do an elevator putt (if you're right up to the sidewalk you're 15-20' away. I'll hope for the birdie but most likely take a safe three. In my one tournament there I saw a lot of OBs on this hole with several hitting the basket and rolling immediately out of bounds. The tunnel is a little tougher to hit than it looks like.

I would throw a low pred skipper through the relatively huge gap on the right, either lay up for the 3 or take a birdie depending on where I end up.

I usually throw a Coyote. Sometimes it doesn't like that though and tries to take a chunk out of my arm ... then I use a Roc :D

I'm thinkin a Rhyno for the shortest and a Zone for the others. It looks like you don't want to be blasting out of the tunnels here.

I like to take the wide hyzer route with a Starfire that skips at the end. This prevents me from going over the sidewalk and allows me to get the deuce when basket is in either right position. When the basket is to the left, I tend to throw a straight shot up the middle with a Leopard or Mako.

In the Home Page picture... the basket is across the sidewalk in the straight position (as opposed to the right position).

Therefore, I would play this Hole with a Hyzer Skip shot with my champion monster (as if going for the right pin location) and putt from there (probably a 25'er slightly uphill).

If you're on the tee... there is a large window that will allow the right side Hyzer skip shot to get safely across the sidewalk.

Home Home Course advantage, I know.
DSCJNKY

Latest posts