• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD: 12/22/10

toothyfish

* Ace Member *
Woodsboro Regional Park DGC
Woodsboro, MD

Hole 6 - Short: 232', Long: 262'

Hole #6 after steep incline to basket (picture caption)
3ff40f07.jpg

Course Map
ac60f4fc.jpg

Looks like a big, uphill hyzer.

Short: Buzzz, hyzer (maybe a PD if it's more elevation then I estimate)
Long: PD, on a bigger fading hyzer line

big uphill hyzer for sure prob... pro Skeeter with a little stank on it, and hoping to remember to keep the lip down.

I need to get my mids figured out lol.

Until then, I'll just use a Pred RHBH either tee. Z or ESP depends on wind and how sharp of a hyzer.

Uphill, left turning hole? I think I might try to completely ruin my arm and throw a tommy with a Firebird or Eagle, at least from the short tee. From the long, I may try to flick an Eagle.

Teebird with hyzer so it flips flat and gets up the hill before it hyzers out.

Nice looking map BTW.

Hey, a local course! This is a blind, steeply uphill drive to the top of a sledding hill, with the basket tucked against poison ivy-infested shule. One must cut the corner fairly close with a big RHBH hyzer to have a shot at birdie, but cutting the corner too close can easily yield bogey.

From the short tee I usually throw a Leopard on a severe hyzer, hoping to glide around the corner for a look at birdie. From the long tee I just play it safe to the middle of the fairway, so it doesn't much matter what I throw.

The next hole is the fun one – back down the sledding hill. This is usually a CTP hole because anyone can reach it. When the park is empty, you can play a great safari hole from the small tree near #6 basket all the way down the sledding hill to the #8 or #9 basket (parking lot and pond OB).

The sledding hill was great fun with all the snow last winter.:D

That much uphill I would probably want to be throwing a driver. Z Preds the choice.
Maybe a steep comet hyzer for control, may take a hard toss to make it up that hill.

I'm thinking Buzzz from the short, though if it plays longer than I'm thinking I'd go with a C-PD.
From the long it would be C-PD or Star Destroyer with the same reasoning.

All of these on hyzers of course.

EDIT: Depending on what the ground looks like a FH roller may be fun/interesting as well. Something stable-ish (not overstable) so it would hook right decently well but not too fast.

Latest posts