• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/9/14: Cass Benton Hills DGC in Northville, MI

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Great hole today!
Cass Benton Hills DGC in Northville, MI

Course Rating: 3.83, 56 reviews
Hole 8: 597 ft,378 ft

From the short tee, it's a pretty straight shot, but from the long, it definitely plays to the right.
The terrain is rolling, and can be a factor, but there's not much net change in elevation.
Play's slighty uphill from long to short tee, downhill from short to most of the fairway, then slightly uphill on the approach to a green that plays flat.

Long Tee: The short tee is about 220ft up ahead, just to the left of straight, about the top of that hill (a bit further down than the tall bushy tree on the right). Fairway bends about 45 degrees to the right at that point. Throw an annie or turnover that cuts right before about 200ft, and you're in the schule.
58a8be39.jpg

Short Tee: Pin barely looks visible here, but it's just past, and a bit left of the person in the fairway.
c7ac0360.jpg

Mid fairway: Still quite a way to go from this point. This pic was taken from the right side of the fairway. There's lots of room out to the left.
dfc74a6f.jpg

Hope the descriptions are helpful.

Course Map is misleading for this hole - makes it look straight from both tees.
Plays straight from the short, definitely not straight from the long.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention: It can get windy on this hole - usually plays like a headwind when it does.

Short: R-Pro Boss on a hyzer flip right up the gut - fresh disc if it's windy. Ibex or Challenger up shot, APX to finish - I'm happy with a 3 from the short.

Long: Beat Pro Boss - usually ends up just in front of the short tee, and I'll play it the same as that from there.

happy more daylight day, everyone.

saint from either tee, likely another saint fairway shot from the long, and finish with an aviar.

I think I am going to anhyzer bomb a TeeBird or Sword. I am still waiting on my GStar Destroyers, and if they are anything like I am hoping they are, maybe this would be a great choice from the long tee.

Likely an Escape off either tee. More than once from the long position.

Bolt...make sure i dont miss right. Shoot a volt 2nd ...likely a comet approach or long putt if lucky....happy with a 4 here and move on.....i have played here there are birdieable holes coming up.

Latest posts