• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/21/2020: West Main Park Hole 1 in Batavia, IL

kevdiv48

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Course Rating of 2.26 discs from 19 reviews.

Course Map

Hole 1: 288 feet

Tee (in summer)
48639e39.jpg

Tee (in winter)
e9ebfd0d.jpg

Basket
a600086e.jpg

RHBH Teebird - it's a little hard to tell how far left it needs to get, but a Teebird will do it

RHBH Teebird - it's a little hard to tell how far left it needs to get, but a Teebird will do it

not terribly far left, in line with the big pine tree directly in front of the left side of the tee.

With rough that thick I am throwing my DX Archangel with holes in the flight plate from where a previous owner mounted a light. I don't care if I lose that disc.

I don't think I've been back to this course since my first time through. If it is still narrow fairways surrounded by prairie grass, I'm throwing whichever stable disc I'm least attached to on a hyzer. This course is/was more about keeping an eye on your plastic as opposed to scoring.

I think this course gets a bad rap. It's flat and gets overgrown in the summer. But it has some interesting holes and makes good use of the land.

Hole 1 is a straightforward Firebird hole. You need to get fairly far left around the big tree. It's an open green as long as you get around. It's on the edge of the course and exposed, so wind could be a factor too.

DX Banshee...

I've got lots of them, not a big deal to lose one.

Latest posts