• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 6.25.2010

bcr123psu

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Everwood DGC - Macolmb, IL
Hole 5
333' Par 5 (Par 5? Really?)

ab921790.jpg

ecec488b.jpg

6f9fad26.jpg

I would probably throw my E-Pro Assassin on a hyzer line to the right of the large trees. I call shenanigans on the par. This has got to be a par 3 unless there is an ogre behind one of the trees that isn't on the course map.

im throwin my champ Teebird, i will ignore that par

This has got to be a par 3 unless there is an ogre behind one of the trees that isn't on the course map.

The trees are Ents....it's par 5 because they move and will take your disc, requiring you to drop with 1 stroke penalty.

But I would most likely throw and Eagle to the right and let it fade in around the trees.

I would side with Toothy on the Eagle route, but I'm just not that comfortable with that disc in that dense tree area right now. Instead, I'd try to turn over a Star Roadrunner to the left and try to crank it back over where there are less trees to get in the way.

Looks like it is down hill a little, if its a good bit, I might use my Core but I think from the pic, Im using my XL on a slight anny aiming about 5' left of the big tree in the middle. Should S around it and head straight toward the basket. Miss a long putt from there but still get an easy Eagle.

Actually, I would probably have a late release and smack into the tree dead ahead, then try to anny around and hit the tree on the left, then have a slip and get stuck on the cluster of trees closest and on the left of the basket, try a spike hyzer putt and miss, then drop in for par.

Im joking about the scores because I would play it as a 3 but I wish I was joking about the 2nd paragraph because that happens every now and then.

I would side with Toothy on the Eagle route, but I'm just not that comfortable with that disc in that dense tree area right now. Instead, I'd try to turn over a Star Roadrunner to the left and try to crank it back over where there are less trees to get in the way.

I was thinking of doing this (but perhaps with a Star Valkyrie) but I had doubts on my ability to put enough juice on it to get it to stand back up after a hyzer release.

Trees add a good challenge here. I am still throwing the TL, RHBH, on an anny line and have itland against the side of the hill. If not, it could fade left and go farther down the hill away from the basket.

LHBH

I think I'm taking the wide left gap with an ESP Flx Pred with a slight anny.

If I hit the gap i'll skip up towards the hole and avoid the troll.

It will also make sure I avoid an early tree. by hitting a later tree, i should be able to get up and down for a 3, but a bad kick will lead to an occasional 4. seems like a hole i'd like to play

Depending on how the trees on the right guard the pin I am either throwing an eagle out to the right on a hyzer line or a S curve down the left route, keeping it low to keep it from hyzering out too much.

I'd look at the line from the right. If it isn't too well protected I'd throw a P-PD backhand. If it's guarded pretty well I'll flick a S-PD to the left. If I knew for sure how much the hill came into play I may throw the Buzzz for the path on the right. First time playing it would be the P-PD, but I'd throw a Buzzz for a second shot to gauge the effectiveness of it.

That line on the right really looks open, until you gat about 40ft from the basket. I figure hitting the right line is least risky for me as it's a straight and fade kind of shot. The worst thing that could happen is hitting a tree on the fade and having a long putt. If I get through, I could be parked.

I debated throwing a Roc slightly left, letting it turnover a bit, and then slightly fading back, but I'd probably be well short and risk hitting a tree early.

It's harder to tell from pictures, but it looks like there could be a line way out to the left, over the teepad that you see in the closeup pic of the basket. Might work for LHBH or RHFH, but I'm not sure I could throw my beat Eagle and delay the turn long enough to hit it.

It's harder to tell from pictures, but it looks like there could be a line way out to the left, over the teepad that you see in the closeup pic of the basket.

That's what i'm looking to hit (lhbh), but will likely have to yell fore if anyone is playing that other hole

I'd like to order up a Roc with a side of hyzer-flip please... fries and a shake

no, make that a Stalker...with Ice Tea and veggies.. on a diet

It's harder to tell from pictures, but it looks like there could be a line way out to the left, over the teepad that you see in the closeup pic of the basket.
That's what i'm looking to hit (lhbh), but will likely have to yell fore if anyone is playing that other hole

I may try that with a FH hyzered Destroyer if I was to play it. For a better score I'd still probably be better off with the BH right and NOT going over the fence.

Three choices for me:

To the anny route--either a FH Z Pred or BH Z Comet (maybe even a Buzzz, not sure...)
To the hyzer route--Z pred.

Either way, most likely a bird.

Daniel

Last edited:

Latest posts