• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/14/14 - #15 @ Indian Mound DGC - Mt Sterling KY

For me, this downhill sweeping shot is made for my Star Teebird, wind or not.

So... this is one of my favorite local courses... interesting shot. The wood signs that you see just left of the pad shows the mando.... you can't play a rhfh over the mando. Anywho.... when here, I normally spike a teebird in there. If you throw something less stable than that, it has a tendency to flip up and go long.... OB straight ahead over the hill. It gets very breezy. Sometimes, I will throw a spike with a rhbh xcal in the wind.

Typical winds are about 30mph. On this hole its usually a headwind, at least all the times I've played out there. Last I played it I believe I was throwing a spike hyzer with a Max backhand and let the wind push it at the basket. The bushes by the basket are putt blockers so you really want to land dead on at the basket. With the wind you really dont have much of a putt if you are off to the side left or right.

Stable Teebird. This is almost the highest point on the course and not far from the mountainous area so wind is not uncommon. Otherwise I'd throw a Firebird in high wind.