• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/15/13: Perkerson Park in Atlanta, GA

I just played here about 4 weeks ago and this is DEFINITELY not the current hole 3. The current hole three was just about right for an old school champ shark.

That photo is #3 from the temporary course (if you played during 2007-2011) not the current #3 (which connor described). It was a par 3 playing about 450-500' downhill. At about 380-400 there was an OB road, you either had to lay up or carry. In tourneys there would also be an OB rope running down the left.

Oh how I miss Perk. I used to forehand either a Destroyer or Wraith on the old hole #3 pictured. If you tried to lay up it was easy to slide your drive into the OB road, and even with a good layup the downhill green left a nontrivial up and down for a 3. That's why I always tried to clear the road on the drive. And IIRC, this hole was the longest ace in Georgia until someone aced the 498' hole #6 at White Oak.

New hole #3, I used to backhand an Aviar, or flick a Cobra or Buzz depending on which one I'd been favoring lately.

Latest posts