• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/21/13: Lake Russell in Elberton, GA

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Lake Russell in Elberton, GA
Course Rating: 4.17, 18 reviews
Hole 13, 267 ft.

Sign:
b38cb5cb.jpg

Tee:
72deb8d9.jpg

Basket:
a9ad7e27.jpg

Water Hazard: looks right of the pin on the aerial.
b9637185.jpg

Course Map:
26721081.jpg

Arial Photo

No tips or other info.

Last edited:
Chances for a 2 are slim for me here, with the trees blocking the way. I'd say Amp, nice and easy, Ion for the approach, and drop in putt.

Unless I can rip the Amp low, and avoid that big tree guarding on the right...maybe enough for a 2.

I never call this tight, but the way the trees are positioned doesn't give a RHBH player the "room" most discs need to work if you plan to park one for a good look at a deuce.

I think I'll throw that Renegade discddwn sent me for X-mas in July :thmbup: at the furthest dead tree in the middle, see if it turns over around it. If it lands within about 75' of the pin ---> APX.
Otherwise, Challenger, APX.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think a I hear a course calling my name... :)

RHBH, throwing the straightest driver I've got and trying to just get under that big guard tree on the right. Hard to judge, but it looks like if I get just passed the branches of the tree, I'll have a 30-40' run at birdie.

That night I lost myself to rolling green hills, shiny new baskets and firm concrete tees...Name was Russel.

Anyways, with the hill behind the basket, I'm throwing a low Mil LS right at it, under the trees.

Played 3 rounds out here in the beginning of June. Fun course! I believe I threw a JLS right up the gut and managed to avoid the trees for a birdie once. The basket was in the left position (shown by the white PVC pipe in the 2nd photo) in early June.

Nice straight fairway driver that hopefully misses the fir tree. Perhaps a star leopard. Putt to finish.

That pond is a disc eater, do not throw anything too flippy.