• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/27/13: Hudson Mills (Monster) in Dexter, MI

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hudson Mills (Monster) in Dexter, MI
Course Rating: 4.23, 30 reviews
Hole 7
Long: 425 ft.
Short: 320 ft.

Long Tee: A big hyzer with large trees well down the fairway and a deep valley. Players short of the basket will have a very steep uphill putt. Basket is out of frame well to the left, but not majorly far left. The fairway goes down the slope (more visible in pic below), then sharply up a pretty decent hill with a large bushy tree guarding the pin. I've seen (and had) some nasty rollaways on this hole.

87012b7e.jpg

Short Tee: There's also also a RHBH hyzer line you can take to get well around the scrubby brush that's in view on the right side of this pic.
0c7117fa.jpg

Course Map:
cc93affe.gif

Last edited:
Nice. Getting 2 deuces on this hole during league play were the highlights of my time playing up there. Well, and deucing 18 on the original course!

There's no place like home, baby! If you've never visited The Mills, it's simply a great place to play, and a very DG friendly facility.

I take the line between the garbage can and the short tee, (visible in the pic for the long tee) up and around most of the trouble, with a fade left back into the "normal" fairway.

Long: R-Pro Boss, Buzzz, Challenger APX (this is a tough 3 for me).
Short: R-Pro Boss, Challenger, APX (should be a 3 for me, I never seem to carry the gulley to get a good look at deuce).

Wind's not usually too big a factor on this hole.

Nice. Getting 2 deuces on this hole during league play were the highlights of my time playing up there. Well, and deucing 18 on the original course!
All Impressive! :thmbup:

Last edited:
There's no place like home, baby! If you've never visited The Mills, it's simply a great place to play, and a very DG friendly facility.

I take the line between the garbage can and the short tee, (visible in the pic for the long tee) up and around most of the trouble, with a fade left back into the "normal" fairway.

Long: R-Pro Boss, Buzzz, Challenger APX (this is a tough 3 for me).
Short: R-Pro Boss, Challenger, APX (should be a 3 for me, I never seem to carry the gulley to get a good look at deuce).

Wind's not usually too big a factor on this hole.

All Impressive! :thmbup:

Thanks! Hudson Mills will always be special for me. I need to get back up there and play some of the courses that were put in after I left MI for FL in 1999. The last place that I lived in MI was Whitmore Lake. Now you have courses at Independence Lake, and Hamburg just to name a few!

Why didn't I pick up disc golf the first 44 years of my life when I lived in Michigan??

Anyway, long Blizzard Wraith, short JLS.

From the long: Hope I packed a Viking and throw it hyzer right at the trees past the short pad, hoping to flip around them followed by wizards as needed. I probably get caught up in them and have to improvise. I've never played Monster from the longs, just the shorts.

Short: I forget the exact placement on this one, but I'm going straight or slight flex off the tee with a Champ Leopard.