• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/27/14: West Lake Park Hole 13 in Davenport, IA

Teebird teebird teebird! Teebird teebird teebird!

I lost a disc on this hole... Found it on the hole before this one about a year later!! And then threw it right back in.

Pray. If you find any of the the PDs I've lost on this hole, please call the number on the inner rim. Schusterick drive from long at a tourney early 2014 is one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Drive: Stable Destroyer, play it out right and try to lend in the center of the fairway, hopefully past that pole.
2nd: Firebird? Destroyer? Another safe hyzer, not too high.
3rd/Approach: Stable KC Aviar

Hopefully have a putt from there, hope to putt for 4 but tap in a 5 at worst.

Very cool hole!

I'd probably just have to go overstable hyzers all the way.
tridents, zones, maybe trespass or destroyer if I really want to get ballsy for distance.

Playing safe and trying not to put one in the drink.

Probably throw a PD from both and take it from there. Hopefully there is no wind.

Dam dude.

The smart play for me is to go Axis all the way. I can just get there in 3 from the longs that way (easily in 2 from the reds) and I'd have no chance of making it in 2 from white or parking from red. The wrinkle would be how far is the concrete bunker thing from, say, the 340 pole...I could go Volt/Amp from the long to get past the pole if that takes the structure out of play on the 2nd/3rd. Definitely would be throwing a mid across the narrow part of the dam.

hmm considering the wind possibilities i will go RHBH with my very beefy Pinnacle Rival for the placement shot off either tee

oh 13, how I hate this hole. windy every time I play West Lake.
Boss, Boss, Buzzz, Aviar from the long. Subtract one boss from the short.

Dam dude.

The smart play for me is to go Axis all the way. I can just get there in 3 from the longs that way (easily in 2 from the reds) and I'd have no chance of making it in 2 from white or parking from red. The wrinkle would be how far is the concrete bunker thing from, say, the 340 pole...I could go Volt/Amp from the long to get past the pole if that takes the structure out of play on the 2nd/3rd. Definitely would be throwing a mid across the narrow part of the dam.

Watching some of that Rumble vid last night...in wind like that, I might just jump putt the whole way, take my 10, and call it a day.

Latest posts