• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/27/14: West Lake Park Hole 13 in Davenport, IA

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.38 from 25 reviews.

Hole 13
Par 5
Red: 473 ft
White: 870 ft
Water in play.

Pro Tee:
9f0695d1.jpg

Am Tee:
140488f9.jpg

Approach:
b63ea5b5.jpg

Course Map and Scorecard

I will be wearing my swim suit to play this one!

I would throw a Champ Boss off of either tee (Blizzard if the wind allows). Probably twice off of the long tee.

Pro tee, Firebird placement shot, then destroyer to the pin.
Am tee, Destroyer.

This hole looks nasty... gonna RHFH an Inertia from both pads twice from the long.

Oh gosh, this hole... The disc eater. You don't know how your round on this course is going to be until you get past this monster. There's usually wind on this hole.

You can try and pitch a mid up the middle to keep it safe, but you still gotta get around that concrete obstacle so "up the middle" is not that simple. Drivers that land on the right side will hit and roll in the water (RHBH). Drivers that land on top will skip away into the water. I tried spike hyzers to keep the disc from skipping away but the wind rarely allows that.

From the shorts I'll probably play a Roc as straight as I can with a little fade then lay up from there. If it's windy then I have no idea.

From the longs I'd throw a Teebird hyzer off the tee then go from there.

This is one of my local courses, 45 min away. I have had probably 40 discs go in that lake, just from the 2nd drive on this hole. :(

Pics don't show it, but the left side of that dam is also a big lake. To get a 3 from the long tee on this hole is incredibly heroic. I guess Shusterick parked it from the short tee (OB drop zone) at this years Rumble. Wow.

From the tee I try to hyzer flip a Pro Wraith and hope it doesn't skip off the flat so I have good footing for the 2nd shot. 2nd shot strategy is highly dependent on wind direction. Overstable driver on a line drive, choosing backhand or forehand according to wind direction, so that it stays low on the fade and minimizes skip. It is so hard to land that 2nd shot on the top.

Also the short tee is longer than 473, and about 15ft elevation rise. You can see the shadow of the pole (340 from long tee) in front of the am tee in the pic. 870-340=530.

Wow, cool looking hole. I think I'm going with the plum circle stamp champ Teebird on both tees for safety. Probably a couple more times from the longs lol

Dang, 147g destroyer(floats) Bout 3 shots then mabey DX teebird to finish depending on the wind. I watched the vid of the pros doing this hole and it was awesome. The hole coming back over this dam dam looks just as bad.

I would just throw in the water off the long tee, proceed to the drop zone (short tee pad) put one 40ft from the basket and can the put for my circle 4 like will shusterick...

Long:
Wizard, Wizard, penalty stroke, Wizard, penalty stroke, Wizard

Short:
Wizard, penalty, Wizard, penalty, putt

Because playing it safe isn't really very safe.

I find the key to this hole is getting your disc to cross dry land before it goes ob in the lake.

Latest posts