• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/22/2018: Iron Hill Hole #17 in Newark, DE

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Okay, perfect timing. Special circumstances have convinced me to post the elusive, Saturday, HOD thread.

Iron Hill in Newark, DE
Rated 4.28 with 71 reviews
Locale of the recent National Tour event, Delaware Disc Golf Challenge

Hole #17
Red: 455
White: 675
Silver: 640
Gold: 860

"Gold is Gold tees to Discatcher baskets. Silver is Gold tees to Chainstar baskets. White is White tees to Discatcher baskets. Red is White tees to Chainstar baskets. Not all Chainstars are the shortest basket"

Hole 17 tee (not actually sure which)
b6364c11.jpg

Another tee?
b4443541.jpg

Mid-fairway
4f3c1825.jpg

The Bucket
4f3c1825.jpg

I thought it looked pretty different in the recent tournament. I'm working a Relay in here somehow.

Based on the recent video, I would probably start with an Aviar or Roc and then throw an Aviar or Roc again until I got to the basket.

Here is Silver's basket:

ea8e9921.jpg

I think the Gold basket is on a big knoll if I remember the recent tourney vids correctly.

Regardless, I'm throwing an envy or Fuse/Nebula up the fairway until I reach a point actually compelling enough to rip a shot for considerable distance.

so, we're just kinda throwing in the woods til we see a basket or something, somewhere?

ti flx buzzz ss

The planner in me would throw beat Rocs and Wizards. The actual me would try to weave lines with PD and Zone flicks.

Having both played this beast of a hole and seeing the recent vids on IH, here's what I'd throw:

Everything back in my car and going to get a bite to eat.

Emac Truth from either tee, just trying to stay in the fairway.

Probably throw my Leopard or Wombat3 for every single throw.

From watching the tourney coverage- just throwing a straight Patriot down the middle, nice and easy.

Advance as much as you can with each throw, and pray that on your 3rd or 4th shot you've got a clear-ish line to the pin.

Latest posts