• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/23/14: Wilbur Young Park DGC Hole 16 in Blue Springs, MO

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
HOD 9/23/14 - Wilbur Young Park in Blue Springs, MO

Wilbur Young Park DGC in Blue Springs, MO

Rated 3.75 from
22Reviews
242Played
39Favorited
77Wishlisted

Hole #16, short 154ft., long 292ft
Tip By: asjzn6
In either placement you can throw a Big Hyzer shot over 17s fairway, Sky flex shot, overhand shot. Going up the middle is an option but great chance of hitting trees.
Long Tee: Creek crosses fairway ahead
1a86c3bb.jpg

Short Tee:
763c1732.jpg

Course Rating of 3.75 from 22 reviews.

Hole 16
Par 3
Short: 154 ft
Long: 292 ft
Plays over a valley

Tip By: asjzn6
In either placement you can throw a Big Hyzer shot over 17s fairway, Sky flex shot, overhand shot. Going up the middle is an option but great chance of hitting trees.

Short Tee:
763c1732.jpg

Long Tee:
1a86c3bb.jpg

Course Map

From the pic, it would be hard to hyzer on the short tee. I think I would flick my M2 up the middle.

For the Long I will take the advice and hyzer flip my leopard high and right

Short: Either a Wizard straight at it, or a RHFH Star Firebird and play a skip

Long, probably a big Star Orc spike hyzer...

This hole always gets me, although it's been a couple of years since I last played out there.

Long: Power hyzer over the top. Destroyer or PD2, probably.
Short: No idea. So many holes on this course leave me clueless.

Ok, finally a course that I know REALLY well! My ex gf lived less than a mile from this course, so I played it often.

I've tried just about every line out there for this one and the advice is right if you have the arm. I would go max weight champ boss on a massive hyzer from the long and a RHFH Firebird for a big skip over the little gulley from the short. Like Alurex said though, it's a booger. Most holes on this course are that way though. If you ever get to the area and have already played the major KC courses (WaterWorks, Swope, and Blue Valley) you should go play here. It will work on your game like few courses will. Good, and technical, but with room for you to air it out too.

short: a little LH OH roller on the left side gap that curls up to the pin. the incline decides which disc i'd use.

long: teebird spike hyzer or PD spike hyzer.

Koda (I know that the HOD is all hypothetical, so take this for what it's worth) The only problem with a roller is the little ditch that you have to cross coming back to the right or roll up (with a lot of tree roots) going the other direction.