• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9 May 2012 Wapello DGC in Wapello, IA

Polecat.

And since the picture is 3 years old I wonder how that shot looks today.

Yeah, I bet those trees have been abused :(

Very pretty hole though, I'd love to play it.... probably with a lightly thrown Meteor

buzzz, but there's been way too much iowa lately

Anode straight at it for easy 2. Maybe if it looked appropriate in the box, a spike hyzer (FH or BH) with a Zone for the ace run. It just doesn't look possible with the pictures.

And, how the hell is this a par 4?

This is my home course. As for the tee, yeah, currently just a plank on the ground. A couple of years ago they moved the plank forward to make throwing through the trees necessary, most people just went wide right or left. We are installing concrete tee's in the next month or so, and hopefully updating the signing making it a mando throwing through or over as it was designed.

The hole has filled in much more, making a throw down the middle much more difficult. Late last summer we went through and properly trimmed it up, may have to update the picture if I get time.

There has been one ace to date (known) with a witness, which was 1.5 years ago. Thrown straight at it (it was a casual player - single discer type player).

My prefered shot is a Banshee thumber, I have hit metal several times, though tough to get the ace coming straight down.

Anode straight at it for easy 2. Maybe if it looked appropriate in the box, a spike hyzer (FH or BH) with a Zone for the ace run. It just doesn't look possible with the pictures.

And, how the hell is this a par 4?

Hey good call. How did I miss that? If it's a par 4 I can throw it lefty... With a putter... And probably still birdie it.

Latest posts