• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOFC

The Steady Ed is a solid blue level course with blue level pars. They were not changed to gold pars for the NT partly due to the course also being played by blue level players (FPO) and lower in the A-tier.

Well...

We've learned a lot about par since that course was put in. As you've said, pars can be checked and adjusted once we have actual scores. I'd say 58 would be modern Blue par.

I was a little surprised when they said they were going to play a round on Steady Ed. Don't get me wrong, I love the course, but I am not surprised in the least the men, and women too, shredded the course. For an NT tournament, the whole men's field should not be under par.

I was a little surprised when they said they were going to play a round on Steady Ed. Don't get me wrong, I love the course, but I am not surprised in the least the men, and women too, shredded the course. For an NT tournament, the whole men's field should not be under par.

They didn't shred the course, they shredded par. SSA was about 55, which isn't that small compared to a lot of other courses that host MPO competitions. It's just not a par 64 course for MPO.

I followed the Jomez card yesterday (for anybody watching I'm the dude in the orange Clemson Disc Golf shirt with the umbrella) and man, it was fun, but you can definitely tell these guys are a little too skilled for the par 5's out there to be par 5's for them. A few of the fours hold up, but the fives are definitely fours. McBeth was complaining the whole time about it actually :D

I dunno, I feel like par is valuable but also relative; for the MPO field, 15 is definitely a par 4, and a few others could deifnitely be adjusted.

Honestly, I'd love to see a few of the pins at Steady change, along with the pars. For example, put one and three in the longs and 15 in the short.

Honestly, I'd love to see a few of the pins at Steady change, along with the pars. For example, put one and three in the longs and 15 in the short.

15 in the short is almost a 3.5 for these guys, I think. The hill and shape of the fairway make it just long enough there likely won't be any twos, but threes should be pretty routine and uneventful...so they don't feel like birdies.

That they're not playing 1 and 3 long (are there any others not in the long positions?) makes it that much sillier that the MPO played Steady Ed at all.

I know four has a second pin, but I'm pretty positive it's in the long for this layout.

8 is in the short, there's a long past the rocks

10 has another, slightly longer pin, but I feel like the one it's in is the harder pin

11 has a longer pin which uses the center and far left fairways

13 has a super long pin that's probably one of the harder par 4's out there.

16 has a long pin, but it'd probably interfere with 15's tee a bit and also isn't the most solid hole.

18, I'm 90% sure, has a longer option that's a bit closer to the first tee.

So, that's 6 longer pins available (unless 4 is in the short), and IMHO, 3 of those would make the course better (8, 11, 13)

I followed the Jomez card yesterday (for anybody watching I'm the dude in the orange Clemson Disc Golf shirt with the umbrella) and man, it was fun, but you can definitely tell these guys are a little too skilled for the par 5's out there to be par 5's for them. A few of the fours hold up, but the fives are definitely fours. McBeth was complaining the whole time about it actually :D

I dunno, I feel like par is valuable but also relative; for the MPO field, 15 is definitely a par 4, and a few others could deifnitely be adjusted.

The analagy I see with the best players in the world playing the Headrick course is similar to Clempzun's football schedule every year. Only a couple of holes may challenge the pros like Pitt or national football power Syracuse challenges Dabo's game plan. Lol

Yep.

7 holes in and Paul already has the lead with 7 birdies.

Playing from the third card.

Where are all the "has Paul McBeth peaked" people?

-12 through 11 holes. Amazing. Ricky's hope is that he's two holes behind Paul and if he can get close to matching it he can still win.

Well, realistically, when you're on top you have no choice but to have peaked. That's the definition of peaked. But there really weren't many who thought he "wasn't as good as he once was" people. There were just haters. Reality is he's been the #1 or #2 disc golfer for 7 straight years.

Last edited:
11 down after 10. :eek:

Are we witnessing something that our grandchildren will still be talking about 50 years from now???

:|

11 down after 10. :eek:

Are we witnessing something that our grandchildren will still be talking about 50 years from now???

:|

Round is not over yet.... I've seen -12 through 11 a handful of times before. ONE of those kept it up all the way through.

And both bogey.

Paul now -12 through 13, Ricky one throw back but two holes behind him.

On this week's Ultiworld podcast they agreed that McBeth has the highest ceiling, even if he's not as consistent as he was in 2014-15. And really folks, when you think about players setting course records during high profile events ...

Ever since he got with Hannah...:|

Seriously though, I was wondering if the inconsistency we've seen from Paul is him adjusting to his, um, new body mass? Dude is pretty seriously built compared to even a few years ago.

Great finish to this tourney no matter who wins, can't wait to watch the coverage.

I wonder how the video coverage is working. McBeth is on the 3rd card, Lizotte on the 2nd, and Wysocki on the lead. I'm guessing Jomez on the top card, and McFly on the chase. Maybe Terry Miller picked up the 3rd, and/or Jomez has an extra cam.

I wonder how the video coverage is working. McBeth is on the 3rd card, Lizotte on the 2nd, and Wysocki on the lead. I'm guessing Jomez on the top card, and McFly on the chase. Maybe Terry Miller picked up the 3rd, and/or Jomez has an extra cam.

At the very least, someone decided to move their second camera to the 3rd card I hope. Surely they got word of what was going on.

Paul finished at -14, Simon tied him, so we'll see if Ricky can tie with one birdie or beat them with two birdies ... or Devan is still able but will need an eagle and bird between #17 (par 4) and #18 (par 5). Austin Turner or James Conrad would need to eagle both to tie.

Last edited:

Latest posts