• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole Help

Based on my game, I would forehand roll than hole with a overstable fairway driver on a slight angle so it roll back towards the path and when it falls over towards the basket and stay inbounds. That what I would do if my score matters.

It does look like a great to work on a low skip shot with an overstable disc or an S curve backhand through the gap. That is what I would try to throw on practice rounds. The perfect S curve.

I would disc down a little...try a Teebird or River...something with some serious glide but minimal fade, I'm not surprised at the wraith fading OB. If you can't squeeze a buzz that distance, RHBH a fairway driver...you'd probably be getting out there just as far as with the wraith if you let the disc do the work, but with more accuracy. Just my two cents...

From the pic there is no safe hyzer over the trees considering the limbs. And a high power level player wouldn't use a predator for 270. Maybe a drone or wasp.
You might be surprised. There was a video out there of Chris Sprague using a Firebird on this hole:

http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=rosland&h=7

Discs like the Firebird and Predator are very controllable in that range. You might have to throw from a standstill, but it's a relatively easy shot.

I'd try a low flex shot with a very overstable driver. If you can avoid the tree there's a really good chance you'll still be in bounds.

LHBH aviar hyzer or beat roc hyzer just right of the telephone pole, depending on how low those branches are when im standing on the pad

I use a FH roller as a long distance drive, I don't know if I'd be able to control it enough not to just blow pas the hole. It's used primarily on long open holes where if I don't get the line down perfect it's not that punishing.

Roll it with a putter or a mid. You'll be less likely to blow past it.
Personally, my first thought would be to try a Mako between the pole and the leaning tree.

Roll it with a putter or a mid. You'll be less likely to blow past it.
Personally, my first thought would be to try a Mako between the pole and the leaning tree.

That's what I was gonna say; u can put a bit of an angle on a FH roller with a putter or mid and it still should come back left to the pin. Try it!

call me unconventional, but I'd just pull out my champ boss and throw a nice low backhand shot off to the right. You can get it out to 270 without much height that way.

just backhand either the beast or the wraith low and hard just to the right of the sidewalk. With a little luck you should be able to either fade back in bounds or get a skip off the sidewalk for the same. Only trick is keeping that sucker low

RHBH that wraith up the right side. The speed stability will bring it back nicely with only 270' of power on it, and it should skip right in there.

I think you should use a buzz or wasp here. You said you can't them to that distance but the more you try your mids on shorter holes the more you learn to push the distance with them. There is a hole at my home course that is 330 down a 60 foot wide tunnel and I used to use a big driver on that hole and hope I hyzer flipped and it didn't trail off left. But I started throwing a buzz and it took a while to get the feel of ripping a mid that far but it paided off in the end. Now I can throw my buzzz's about 320-350 with a good rip.

P.S. I can barely throw a driver father than that though.

fast putter or mid right up the gut maybe slight turn with straight fade between the pole and tree-- sounds easy! lol. . . :wall:

i would go low backhand with a FB to the right of the tree directly in front of you. throw it flat on a bullet line and you should skip under the bucket with ease..

From the pic there is no safe hyzer over the trees considering the limbs. And a high power level player wouldn't use a predator for 270. Maybe a drone or wasp.

lol... No, not at all. Why throw a drone or was really hard when you can throw a pred with control and spike it into the ground by the basket. Here's the pic again with the line I was talking.

2h86afp.jpg

Can't really tell which leaves are which tree, but it looks like it will open up a little after the first tree. Regardless, standing on the pad and looking at different release points from front to back would surely open that line up even more. Such as releasing right next to the tree on a rhbh spike hyzer. A hyzer like that has one gap to hit, so it's much more predictable. Any s like or straight shot would have to miss 2+ trees left or right of it, at different points of it's flight. If the hyzer hits the gap, it will end up at least decent if not parked.

I would throw a rhbh Firebird flipped up or over and let it drift back

That is one poorly designed hole. Who designs a hole where you throw right down a pedestrian path?

I typically throw a beat up Elite-X Buzzz right up the middle. I've played this hole 4 times, it only went bad 1 out of the 4. I am also LHBH.

I can't say for sure what line I'd take at this, for me;

I'd be first looking low hyzer with a buzzz, I love that shot

then I'd look turnover with either a flippy buzzz, or meteor

then if both those two weren't working, I'd fh a glow gazelle right between the tree and the post. If you can't throw straight fhs, you need to work on that too.

throw with more hyzer then. I'm talking barely turned past straight, so it almost fades right