• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole in one 1 throw to late

WIGS

We were playing at Grignon Park in Kaukauna,Wi yesterday and As the 3 of us were walking up to hole # 14, my brother and I were telling the other guy that we both aced this hole last year. After he threw his roc tomahawk style and coming within 6'' of the basket the disc went 40 feet past the basket. He takes his other roc out and said " I should have used this one" and throws it and sure enough.......HOLE IN ONE!!!!!! We were freekin laughing so hard.... How often does that happen?

Before anyone gets all mean...

A "hole in one" thrown from the tee AFTER your initial drive and/or during practice is referred to as a Cubby Ace. A "hole in one" is only considered an Ace if it is your first drive from the tee and it is done during a complete round.

Good job though!! They are fun to watch but they do not count as Aces unfortunately.

Last edited:

A "hole in one" thrown from the tee AFTER your initial drive and/or during practice is referred to as a Cubby Ace. A "hole in one" is only considered an Ace if it is your first drive from the tee and it is done during a complete round.

Good job though!! They are fun to watch but they do not count as Aces unfortunately.

leagalistic

My friend did the same thing last summer. We counted it for our annual competition, but not for the round.

Typically, we pick one hole per round, and throw two discs at it. (that's what she said)

oh yeah, and we call them "Bronze" Aces, because it would be counted as a three, as in gold, silver bronze.

i would argue the complete round part. one of my home courses is 24 holes and has dozens of chances to jump around on the course. Often, i cut around large groups by just jumping to a different hole and revisiting missed holes. That causes me to skip a hole or two from time to time.

scenario number two, i ace hole 14 at the same park then decide to cut out after hole 21 to go to work, meet the old lady, daylight etc. you bet your mothers sweet cheeks im still counting that ace.

Exceptions would be playing the same cluster of holes over and over such as hole one and hole twenty four of the above mentioned park. it is very easy to just play these two hole in a circle over and over. if aced like this, i would have to consider it a cubby.

We were playing at Grignon Park in Kaukauna,Wi yesterday and As the 3 of us were walking up to hole # 14, my brother and I were telling the other guy that we both aced this hole last year. After he threw his roc tomahawk style and coming within 6'' of the basket the disc went 40 feet past the basket. He takes his other roc out and said " I should have used this one" and throws it and sure enough.......HOLE IN ONE!!!!!! We were freekin laughing so hard.... How often does that happen?

I aced that same hole On June 4th. I had kind of a similar situation. I was playing a round (actually 2 I guess) I teed off from both the longs and shorts on each hole and kept indiviual scores on both longs and shorts. (ended up shooting better on longs, missed some putts on short tee shots). But anyway came within a few feet on the long and then nailed it off the tree straight into the basket on the short tee for my 1st ace.

he threw the 2nd disc for the hell of it. He didnt count it as a hole in 1 though. OBVIOUS

That's usually why when all my friends take multiple shots on the last hole, I only take one..always scared of getting one that doesn't count, lol.