• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 4-27-2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Rocky Fork State Park - South Beach

Hole 7 268 ft. Basket appears to be straight out from the tee box just on the other side of the high grass. The fairway seems to make a corner to the right to the landing area as shown on the course map.

8bc89660.jpg

I'm throwing an ESP Buzzz RHBH straight at the basket either making it or fading into the fairway..

No/Mild wind: z buzz straight at it.

High Wind: z xtreme with a thumber. (god i hate saying that but its what works best :\)

A brightly colored flat top Roc or Whippet (depending on wind), to the right and up a bit, let it fade back.

If there's any wind at all my Wasp. If not wasp or buzzz....if i'm feeling like playing the sky hyzer line my 150 gummy champ eagle...I love that disc for shortish big hyzer shots.

\/\/

DX Teebird straight at the pin.

I'm throwing a Wasp hyzer or a Buzzz forehand hyzer, depending on the slope of the ground around the basket. If there's wind, I'll throw something more stable forehand.

You guys are crazy throwing it right at the pin. I'd throw it 50 feet left on a rhfh nice and low and let it skip all the way over. Gotta follow the fairway!

#2 Slice straight down the fairway, and let it work the turn.

Wind looks to be a factor on this one.

Tailwind: Core
Calm or right to left: Leopard
Left to right or slightly head on: Teebird if light wind; Pred if it is stronger.

You guys are crazy throwing it right at the pin. I'd throw it 50 feet left on a rhfh nice and low and let it skip all the way over. Gotta follow the fairway!

If you throw to the right and fade out early, you end up in the fairway. If you throw to the left and fade out early, you end up in the crap.

Worm burner 40 feet in front of me.
228' putt for birdie.

Easy.

STAR Gremlin. RHBH flat release starting 20 ft. right of the target. Straight flight until almost pin-high, followed by the merest of fades, sliding right up, & butterfly-kissing the pole.

A little hyzer spike with my Neb, safe as houses.

Latest posts