• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 6/27/2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Ephram White Park in Bowling Green, KY

Hole #3 Par 3 550ft.

Tee pic:
19469b33.jpg

Basket pic:
f7568533.jpg

Course map shows a straight shot from the tee to the basket. Based on basket pic the basket should be right before the path but I can't imagine that being 550ft. Maybe there is another walking path further on that we can't see? Need local to confirm distance or pin placement.

Based on 550 I'm throwing a Star Teebird RHBH since that's my farthest disc. Not much junk to worry about anyways.

RHBH Beast as far as I could, then Voodoo it in from there. Wide open, nothing else to worry about. I might even try to do a roller if I felt lucky.

RHBH a Katana as far as possible and then approach and putt with Rhynos/Rocs

Wraith, Then a mako.

Hyzer flip Echo Star Katana...looking for 400' or better
Shark or BB Aviar to park..
Aviar in...

Is that first pic accurate? The basket pic shows 2 pathways and a teepad with a tee sign... we should be able to see that tee sign just barely as it is white against green...I can't see a 2nd pathway plus further in is a parking lot...so where could the basket be? Straight open shot anyway so I guess the only factor that matters is if the hole slopes any up or down.

I've actually played this one. Nothing but open space and walking trails for OB mostly(snore). The only other factor is the wind which can make things a little more interesting.
RHFH Surge on a wide anhyzer flex. Magic/Rhyno approach and putt after that.

RHBH a Star Wraith. The way I throw, I'll need to follow it up with a Z Buzzz and then I should be able to putt/approach from there with an Aviar.

The pic, if you zoom in, looks like there is a dip hiding some terain from sight, which makes it look not as far but it might very well be.

I am not a fan of distance being the challenge as it gets boring, but I'm sure people who can throw 550', they might appreciate a hole letting them use that when its open.

Im throwing my xl flat and higher than normal. I want it to turn and be high enough to come back

Wind dependent:

Head = Overstable Star Boss
L to R = E*Boss
Tail = E*Katana or beat Pro Destroyer
R to L = E*Boss

Pretty simple. It's fairly downhill, so it plays closer to 480-500'.

The OB L and R make it more interesting. It gets VERY windy at White Park. It's hardly ever calm there. In fact, I've only played it once when it was calm...

Definitely Nuke it. Second throw is maybe a Cro, maybe something overhand? It depends on the wind.

depending on wind I'm either Hyzer Flipping an Avenger SS or 150 wraith. Or going for a Roller if the OB doesn't scare me.

\/\/

I'm going with a Destroyer. Unless I screw up the shot pretty bad it'll be an Ion till its in. If I do screw it up then it'll be a Buzzz, then Ion till its in.