• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the Father's Day- 6/20/2010

Am I missing something? I realize there is a gap to hit, but it only looks to be 100ft or less away. Once through it, it's open skies. It's a short steep downhill and a long, flat, open field.

I'd throw I Roc or DX Teebird if it was a long downhill tunnel all the way to the basket, but if it opens up, like the pics show, I'd rip the crap out of something fast for a chance to get close.

It really can depend on the wind...the throw will be well away from mother earth and alot can happen.

I'd rip the crap out of something fast for a chance to get close.

wtf?! Why?! Faster just means its going to run out of steam sooner and fade out. If it's really a 600+ ft hole you want something that's going to float down to the pin! and not hyzer out as soon as it loses speed.

I'm going to chuck an SL at that gap and pray it doesn't break at all before it goes through the trees. It's my straighest driver. I like the idea of a Rhyno or Roc really quickly off the tee just to get into some open space, but I don't have that strong of an arm to make up too much ground in the open

Wow this one looks fun.

I'm struggling here... I'd love to throw a boss (depending on wind 124 CFR or 172 Champ) just to watch it soar and its beauty S line

While that can't go too wrong or even may go quite right, I'd probably....hell I'd throw the Boss...
you all can throw putters if you want to but I'm ripping that sh!t... I've got a great chip shot anyway

To all the Dads out there...Happy Father's Day... take your kid disc golfing!

wtf?! Why?! Faster just means its going to run out of steam sooner and fade out. If it's really a 600+ ft hole you want something that's going to float down to the pin! and not hyzer out as soon as it loses speed.

Not sure how gravity works in Maine, but in most of the US, it helps things maintain and/or increase speed. It also depends how your throw it now, doesn't it. Giving it a slight anny release or using a slightly beat-in disc will help keep it from fading out as fast. It really does depend on the actual conditions...but it looks like there is room to get it started a bit to the right.

Plus, if it fades out to the left, there isn't anything there in the way.

Last edited:
I would go with a Mako here, and aim a little to the right. I wouldn't put much on it. I love holes like this! I really want to play here now!

champ destroyer slight hyzer flip and as hard as i can... that's a long way to go boy... windy though prob my groove same angle... seems like it cuts wind a little better...

Am I missing something? I realize there is a gap to hit, but it only looks to be 100ft or less away. Once through it, it's open skies. It's a short steep downhill and a long, flat, open field.

I'd throw I Roc or DX Teebird if it was a long downhill tunnel all the way to the basket, but if it opens up, like the pics show, I'd rip the crap out of something fast for a chance to get close.

It really can depend on the wind...the throw will be well away from mother earth and alot can happen.

If I remember correctly, it's more like 300 feet to the tree line. I think we played from the long tee, and this pic is the short, so it's still ~200 feet out from there. It seems like I threw my beat to snot Inferno, and hit a tree on the right, and then faded into the trees on the left. I think when I play it again, I'll definitely throw a Comet.

RHBH with a Champ Beast. Wouldn't even try to think about that gap which is probably pretty easy for me, but man I would hate to hit those trees, then I would pray for a bogey at that point.

Ah Hell... For what it's worth, I would probably empty my bag on this hole. Just to watch them all fly!

Play a hole similar to this and it gets tempting to throw a driver for the distance but its up on a hill so you can get a lot of distance out of a mid and a straighter shot to get through the tunnel.

Im going Core RHBH

If I remember correctly, it's more like 300 feet to the tree line. I think we played from the long tee, and this pic is the short, so it's still ~200 feet out from there. It seems like I threw my beat to snot Inferno, and hit a tree on the right, and then faded into the trees on the left. I think when I play it again, I'll definitely throw a Comet.

Good info, thanks. If the tunnel is really that long, it does change things. The pic doesn't look that tight. I just remember the last time I threw on a big open downhill. The wind got under it, turned it over, and it went about 200ft right, about 200ft short. Two others on my card threw Wraiths, about 600ft.

I'd still be tempted to throw a DX Teebird, though. Of course, that's the disc I threw last time...:|