• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole that has claimed the most disc from you

This is an easy one for me. Scrapyard #9:

This pic is from early on, pre-tee pads. Since, there's been a low retaining fence installed below the basket near the water line in the pic...the fence is now submerged, the water line is up to about the line of scrub on the side of the berm. The slope of the bank below the water line is very steep, so even a disc barely in the water generally disappears. The backside of the basket slopes like 40' down into the crap, so there's effectively about a 5' area you have to stick if you want a decent look at a putt. I never have the sense to bail out...

I've lost approx 10 discs on this hole (play here a lot.) Add in #8 long, off to the right, coming across the pond from the opposite side, and I've probably lost half my career lost disc total in this sumgun.

Holes 8 and 7 at the Madisonville City Park in Kentucky. They just love my plastic!

Hole 21 @ two rivers park claimed another of mine yesterday (orange teebird). Let my friend borrow a fairway driver for the round & he threw it right into the deep on the last hole. I have put a couple of bosses in there over the past couple of years myself, & I think I have learned not to come close to that tree that overhangs the water on the bend (tree knocks into deep water).

Hole 3 Covenant DGC. Nasty ass swamp to the left of the 15ft wide fairway all the way down the 240ish ft hole. Used to be worse, but its alot better now that the city cleaned it up. But the water is so brown you cant see more than a few inches deep. I've lost around 4-5 in there. Im to the point I just skip that hole like everyone else. One bad kick and you may never get it back.

e29683a5.jpg

I've turned over about 10 discs in the water to the right/long of the pin. Probably in about 30-35 total rounds there.

Hole 20 on Delaveaga. I've lost discs there a number of ways, but the most memorable was when I lost a Mamba trying to throw a sky anny over the trees. Then a few weeks later I got a new one and did the exact same thing and lost it too. I just try to forehand around the trees now :)

Also lost my favorite Valk to a tree in the ravine. I could see it up there, but it was way to high, protected and wedged between branches.

****ing hole 18 at Cumberland Green. its a very begginer-intermediate course and there's really no chance of losing a disc except that stupid hole. I've lost a Tern and two Teebirds in there. There's some guardian trees along the left side of the fairway, but if you somehow punch through those on a bad shot (which I have clearly done more than once) it's about impossible to find your disc.

West Lake #13 -- thrown in about 30
West Lake #19 -- about 20
West Lake #5 -- about 20
West Lake #21 -- about 20
West Lake #2 -- about 10
West Lake #22 -- about 5
West Lake #23 -- about 5

The rangers give tickets for swimming. If anybody could get permission to enter the water there with scuba gear, they could find literally hundreds of discs on each of those holes. Heck there were probably 200 lost on that course last weekend alone during the Rumble. I was lucky, only lost 1 last weekend. Hole 13.

Last edited:
I was just going to say how I'm from MN, and the most discs I've lost on a hole is 2 at West Lake on 23. Darn you West lake!! Such a great course though, can't wait to play it again.

Hole 18 at Solitude in UT. Hole is 1000' downhill with the basket just below the treeline at the bottom right of the hill. Most people turn a disc over into the trees never to be found again. Also really easy to loose a disc in the long grass right down the middle of the fairway. Also easily one of the funnest holes to play ever. Makes you want to carry discs in just so you can throw them off the mountain at the basket. There is also a treeline just off to the left in this picture.
24qmjch.jpg

I don't lose too many discs, but Kensington Toboggan course, hole 3 has claimed 3 of my discs. I try a long turn to get it out and keep fading right, but I usually just sky it out and flip it hard into the trees on the right.

a124b3a3.jpg

Looking back up to the tee on the top left

079e9bfb.jpg

I imagine it's roughly tied between holes 11 and 12 at City Park. Hole 11 is a short hyzer with lots of OB in play: it can often get stood up by the wind and knocked into the creek, or roll down there if it catches its edge. 12 is a peninsula hole where the water is easier to avoid but in play long and to the left; many an ace or birdie run has ended badly there.

Fun - but expensive - holes.

Latest posts