• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holes in a DAy Record Attempt

Sale averaged 2 holes per minute for 24 hours straight once..

Do you suppose they follow order of play rules? Who's out? Is it my box? or how about Am I outside the circle? I dunno man, pace it off..

My buddy and I play what we call the "West Side Ironman" you play 96 holes in one day and whoever is better prepared usually wins.

This makes that look like daisy picking.

51 courses in 24 hrs is easily over 1 course every 30 min. What am i missing here? Even if they only played 9ers the whole way through they would have to never stop walking, throw as they approached the tee, pick up discs as they passed them, ditch all lost discs... surely im misunderstanding something.

Could be they're using a modified alternate shot doubles format. That'd allow them to leapfrog one another so to save time, e.g., inside "x" feet, same player holes out regardless of number of putts required while non-putter runs ahead to be in position to tee as soon as the putter holes out.

Sale averaged 2 holes per minute for 24 hours straight once..

Do you suppose they follow order of play rules? Who's out? Is it my box? or how about Am I outside the circle? I dunno man, pace it off..

I watched them for a while at their halfway point. They're playing ready golf - throw if you won't hit the other guy. They're keeping score and both are finishing each hole before they both move on to the next tee. I didn't see any jump putts, but they hardly ever landed outside the circle.

Wow. Just checked out the facebook page, these guys are nuts. Basically ultramarathoning combined with disc golf.

Broke the record at Ham Lake. BRP next to see how many holes they can squeeze in before 9:41 pm.

Amazing accomplishment! One of the posts on their FB page shows a picture of one of their phone apps with the number of miles walked/ran - they've got to be over fifty by now

The couple of times I played rounds with Sale was pretty impressive. That kid can throw.

Pretty amazing accomplishment, color me impressed.

Holy crap guys....no....this is straight up. They're each playing all the holes.

JackieChan.jpeg

An incredible feat!:clap:
Myself and two friends played 81 unique holes(3 18s, 3 9s) a few years ago, and it seemed like a lot.
The last 9er was Ashe Lake's handi-course, so we stashed the bags and carried two putters each. When we finished, my buddy realized that somewhere he'd dropped the car keys when he went to put them in his pocket.:doh: There was no phone service, and it was a 2-mile hike to a no-service town of 63 people. 45 minutes later, deep into dusk, we found them by the light of cellphone.

By then, we were WHUPPED. Later it was funny, but not for a few days.:\

Oops.....I didn't see their last post. They stopped at exactly 500 holes at 3:13am.

So 417 in daylight, and 500 overall. Wow.

Nice new record!

Congratulations, Dan and Mike. that is a very impressive record. you must be beat. let us know how long it took you to recover.

Here's their planned route (starting lower-left) through 559 holes (they played 500). This tracked perfectly with their facebook posts through 157, but then things didn't match up. I will update after they post a list of the actual courses played.

500holes_zpsysvojbsd.jpg

****PLAN (not actual)****
course holes total
Lions 1 18 18
Staring 9 27
Hennepein Tech (Eden Prairie) 9 36
Bryant Lake 18 54
Hyland Ski 27 81
Rosland 9 90
Moir 9 99
Red Oak 10 109
Alimagnet Lake 12 121
Brockway 9 130
Northview 9 139
Fort Snelling 18 157
Wabun 9 166
Highland 9 175
Garlough 9 184
Kaposia 26 210
The Valley 18 228
Oakwood 18 246
Lakewood 18 264
Acorn 18 282
Bethel 12 294
Hansen 12 306
Fridley 9 315
Wirth 18 333
Bassett 15 348
Sunnyside 9 357
Zachary 9 366
Plymouth 12 378
Elm Creek 18 396
Hennepin Tech (Brooklyn Park) 9 405
Central Park 9 414
Abundant Life 7 421
Ham Lake 18 439
Family of Christ 9 448
Blue Ribbon Pines 27 475
Vision Quest 18 493
Oak Grove 9 502
Twin Lakes 9 511
Lions 3 9 520
Zimmerman 18 538
Riebbe 9 547
Springvale 12 559

I wonder how much time all this BS construction added to their travel time.

Its insane out here in the twin cities right now no matter where you go! Very cool to see route planned.