• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holiday Disc Rounds

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
I am super excited for Xmas to come to Colorado. My little dude is getting a new disc bag and a couple of discs. With the warm weather we have been getting in Colorado, I am thinking that we might have to get out.

Are you planning on getting in a round of disc golf during the holiday season. Care to share some of the Disc Golf related gifts from this holiday season. I am pretty sure I am getting a few things for disc this year.

Merry Christmas or Happy Festivus!

Probably 80 people coming over to my house on the day after Christmas, to play disc golf in my yard.

We have a private course, and hold a bring-your-partner-doubles event between Christmas and New Years. It started at a time when nothing was going on, discgolfwise, this time of year. Nowadays there's lots going on, but we'll still at it. Forecast is 75 degrees and sunny, about 20 degrees over normal.

My older boy loves wolves and is getting a Buzzz with a full color wolf face design. My younger boy is getting a Buzzz that looks like a pepperoni pizza (his favorite food).

Going to visit my sister and her family in Southern Illinois for a few days starting the day after Christmas. Weather forecast looks pretty good and we are planning to get at least one round in while we're down there.

My daughter told me that this was the first year she could ever remember where they didn't get me any golf discs for Christmas. I didn't buy them any, either. It might be the first disc golf-less Christmas we have had in a long time.

We might get a round in that day, though. It's supposed to be warm. We threw today, we are throwing tomorrow, and we are making a short road trip next week to hit a few courses. So we will play plenty of golf.

Since 2012, I've been driving from Detroit to Miami to visit my family in FL because I have time off for the holidays. Over the years, I've bagged half the courses on the I-75 corridor during the 8 days from Xmas Eve to New Years.

Three courses in TN, NC and SC on tap for XMas eve, and one in FL Xmas day.

PSA: The parks in the Orlando area are closed every Christmas day, so don't plan on playing anything in Bill Frederick Park or Gordon Barnett Park in Xmas Day.

Probably 80 people coming over to my house on the day after Christmas, to play disc golf in my yard.

We have a private course, and hold a bring-your-partner-doubles event between Christmas and New Years. It started at a time when nothing was going on, discgolfwise, this time of year. Nowadays there's lots going on, but we'll still at it. Forecast is 75 degrees and sunny, about 20 degrees over normal.

Ha! My course was on the docket for boxing day... last Sunday of every even month.

I told em all not a chance and leave me alone! My kids back for a few days. Pulled out a bunch of my unopened disc purchases still in bubble mailers, offered some upto my buddy and he opened up a SE glow crave that I thought was safely stashed, I'm like oh dude take a couple others haha. He got my 179 spin dye uplink instead with red rim which he's colour blind to and ditched work at 1 so he could throw it so I gotta work tomorrow.

I should stop it there but I'm full grinch today, came home to an angry wife with a broken oven.. Apparently the part I stole a year ago from my neighbors garbage oven that was laying outside right on property line gave up.

Haha I got a disc in the mail I was going to give same buddy for Christmas about 6 hrs too late haha. Would have been easier haha.

In any event Merry Christmas, I'm gonna find some time to throw the Calvin and Hobbes relay I was gonna give to buddy with the green Calvin hair. Maybe crack out a different uplink.... I dunno maybe throw something stupidly expensive from the collection :D I'm thinking big Z Saturn stamp comet, tis the season for flex plastic... and eat a lot of cheese. Somehow sometime there will be some disc.

Since 2012, I've been driving from Detroit to Miami to visit my family in FL because I have time off for the holidays. Over the years, I've bagged half the courses on the I-75 corridor during the 8 days from Xmas Eve to New Years.

Three courses in TN, NC and SC on tap for XMas eve, and one in FL Xmas day.

PSA: The parks in the Orlando area are closed every Christmas day, so don't plan on playing anything in Bill Frederick Park or Gordon Barnett Park in Xmas Day.

Not sure what you already have planned for xmas day, but there will be byop dubs at Oldsmar DGC on Christmas Day at 11:00. Not too far off 275, which is about parallel to I-75. LMK if you're interested.

A week or so ago it looked like winter was here to stay, with half a foot of fresh snow, mid-December.

Well, that snow is gone, and played today in 40 degree sunshine. In Minnesota.

Not complaining, though my future grandchildren might.

My throwing shoulder is kind of jacked up right now, but like Monkeypaws said, the snow is pretty much gone here too. So I'll probably give it a go tomorrow. And if that goes well enough, probably on Christmas day too. Should probably rest it but...high of 42...in December...in central WI. That's what Ibuprofen is for. :D

My throwing shoulder is kind of jacked up right now, but like Monkeypaws said, the snow is pretty much gone here too. So I'll probably give it a go tomorrow. And if that goes well enough, probably on Christmas day too. Should probably rest it but...high of 42...in December...in central WI. That's what Ibuprofen is for. :D

Dude, get the shoulder in shape by next June. This old hack and his little due will be headed that way. Hitting up Marshfield and the Minocqua/Boulder Junction area for two weeks. And my little dude will be stoked to show off his backpack he got for Christmas.

Pouring down rain today, so no playing. But I'm watching disc golf videos instead and thinking about what tournaments I'll play in next year.

Not sure what you already have planned for xmas day, but there will be byop dubs at Oldsmar DGC on Christmas Day at 11:00. Not too far off 275, which is about parallel to I-75. LMK if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, but leagues and/tournies aren't conducive to course bagging.

Already played Morningside in Knoxville, Jackson in Hendersonville, and Shoally Creek in Boiling Springs today. I almost always plan out an itinerary when I travel.

Bojangles just gave me a free 4 pice supremes, and just said "Merry Christmas." :) Eating lunch now before heading to GA.

Playing Doris Leeper in FL on Xmas day.

Last edited:
Temps in the 60's, so I played. Played a course that I typically don't play, misread the wind, and lost my Z Wasp that I've bagged for 2+ years, so that sucks.

I always think holidays will be these perfect course to yourself days and then I get there and it is 50 dudes having their 2,4,6 and 8 year olds play a 7,000 foot layout.

Latest posts