• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holler in the Hills

Holy crap that's a lot of trees gone. Seems like that entire hill was decimated. So many open lines and routes now. That makes me sad to see it like that but happy that the course is back. Thanks for posting, Greg.

I wouldn't go that far. Maybe replant a few strategic trees to help reshape some lines. With the course reopening shortly, there's still probably decisions to be made or plans for the course in terms of stuff like that. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened immediately. Looking forward to going to play there again. Haven't been since 2012.

I noticed it on 13, 15 and 16, and it hurt me too, but it doesn't seem to make it that much easier. A shank on 13 will be punished more. And 17 is as tough as always.

Whats the story with A-E? The cave tee is a signature of Holler. There were also 3 more holes added right before it closed that peeled off from 17. Is it just a lack of baskets?

I'm super excited about this. A huge thanks to all who are bringing it back.

I wouldn't go that far. Maybe replant a few strategic trees to help reshape some lines. With the course reopening shortly, there's still probably decisions to be made or plans for the course in terms of stuff like that. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened immediately. Looking forward to going to play there again. Haven't been since 2012.
Probably have to replace half the forest if they have as much Ash as the rest of this region...

I noticed it on 13, 15 and 16, and it hurt me too, but it doesn't seem to make it that much easier. A shank on 13 will be punished more. And 17 is as tough as always.

Whats the story with A-E? The cave tee is a signature of Holler. There were also 3 more holes added right before it closed that peeled off from 17. Is it just a lack of baskets?

I'm super excited about this. A huge thanks to all who are bringing it back.

Those holes weren't actually on the original owner's property and had to be negotiated for to use the land. That was my understanding of it anyhow. With the new management of the property, I doubt that land is available. Also would need additional baskets to go there since the original buckets were sold off after closing.

Thanks for the updates, guys!

Those holes weren't actually on the original owner's property and had to be negotiated for to use the land. That was my understanding of it anyhow. With the new management of the property, I doubt that land is available. Also would need additional baskets to go there since the original buckets were sold off after closing.

Really don't think they will be able to get use of that land with the history of the previous owner.

I almost didn't post the video because it made me sad to see the destruction as well.

That doesn't look like a course I'd like to play right now or even walk the land. Glad I did once a few years ago.

Last edited:
^The whole character of the course was changed by taking down all those trees. I'm just judging by what I could see on the video, but it's hardly the same course that it was. It looks like some great holes were left untouched, like 17, but the combination of the logging and the loss of the letter holes is a game changer.

I would absolutely play the course if passing through, but what I saw on the video makes me sad. I guess it's better to have part of Holler than no Holler though.

I ran into a casual player I know in Madison last night. He said he played Holler in the Hills and threw into some water. He went in to look for his disc and pulled out like 50.....and he kept them all. I told him he's a jerk.

But the cool part of this otherwise very uncool story of thievery: one of the discs is Nikko's.

I didn't look at what it was (maybe a Destroyer? does he throw those?), but it had some kind of dye/stamp on it, and it also had a signature on the top. Not sure if Nikko got some other pros signature? Or maybe signed one of his own discs and then gave it away?

But the bottom of the disc only had "Nikko Locastro" printed in Sharpie - no other ink, so I assume it's his disc. He had no clue who that was.

Nikko would have played it in the SOKY championships in 2011. Not sure if that's when the disc got there, or if it was thrown in by someone else more recently.

And the owners of Holler in the Hills would be pretty peeved at someone who dove in the creek and took a bunch of discs out and kept them.

Latest posts